St. Mathews University School of Medicine | MBBS in Cayman
St. Mathews University is a medical university located in Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Dr. Michael Harris together with other medical doctors formed the University in 1997. Dr. Michael Harris was named President in 2003.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1997
University Type: Private
Number of International Students: More than 20
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Very cold winters/ hot summers
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD$15000-23000
Eligibility: MCAT scores
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in St. Mathews University School of Medicine
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at St. Mathews University School of Medicine must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join St. Mathews University School of Medicine
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Competent teachers ensure that they provide relevant knowledge to the students.
- The school has adequate facilities and resources for use by the students.
- The small class sizes allow for efficiency as every student is assisted on a personal level.
- The school is affiliated to the hospitals where students carry out their research.
Cost of Education At St. Mathews University School of Medicine
Overview of St. Mathews University School of Medicine
St. Mathews University School of Medicine is a for-profit institution that was established in 1997. The school has graduated more than 2000 students since it was formed. The school of medicine received accreditation in 2001 which extends to 30th June 2025. The school is approved by New York State Education Department. It is licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department, for the purpose of providing clinical rotations.
The teaching staff is more than 300. The faculties have an advanced medical and/or doctoral degree in the medical field. They have well-demonstrated experience in research and/or teaching. All the faculties work full-time.
The school of medicine curriculum lasts for 10 semesters. Each calendar year has 3 semesters with academic sessions starting in September, January, and May. St. Mathews School of Medicine accepts applications from students all over the world who want to join the MD program. The international students represent more than 40 countries. The medium of study in the university is English. Other than training, the school also has support groups for students such as the Student Government Association.
The school has a two-story residence hall. The hall was formerly a tourist hotel building. The comfortable space it offers creates a good atmosphere for the students to live and learn. It is located 2.3 miles from campus and has 80 single rooms, 29 standard suites, 8 deluxe suites, and one study room.