- January 23, 2019
- Posted by: MBBSDIRECT Editorial
- Category: MBBS in China
Founded in: 1924
Address: 135 Xingang W Rd, BinJiang Lu, Haizhu Qu, Guangzhou Shi, Guangdong Sheng, China
Number of Students: 85,100 (including 4,000 international students from 28 countries)
Number of Academic Staff: 12,034
Academic Year Begins: 1st September
Recognized by: Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS
Total area: 6.17 square kilometres
University Campus: Guangzhou South Campus, Guangzhou North Campus, Guangzhou East Campus, Shenzhen Campus, and Zhuhai Campus
Library: About 4.6 million books (including 400,000 classic books)
Food: Special place for international students; western-style restaurant on campus and Muslim canteen are available
Weather: Average temperature is 21-29°C, Average rainfall is 650mm
Nearest Airport: Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport in Guangdong, China
Admission Procedure: Entrance Examination
Application Deadline: May
Sun Yat-Sen University is globally popular for academic innovation. The university has dedicated itself to being an institution that is comprehensive, innovative, and open. The students who have the ability, moral integrity, and eagerness to serve their country are nurtured by the university. Sun Yat-Sen University has succeeded to be a university where humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, medical sciences, and engineering can integrate and develop while retaining their distinctive characteristics. Presently, the university has created an academic environment where all disciplines can develop distinctively yet systematically while having influence and impact on a global scale.
Sun Yat-Sen University comprises 20 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering, 42 distinguished professors of the Chang Jiang Scholars Program, and 79 recipients of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars among its faculty. The university has 10 directly affiliated hospitals (7 general hospitals and 3 specialized hospitals), which form a wide and efficient medical service network.
- As of 2016, annual research funding of the university exceeded RMB 2 billion (ranked 5th).
- Leads 56 projects under the “973 Program” and the Major Scientific Research Program.
- Has signed university-level collaborative agreements with over 240 universities from 39 countries, including joint platforms and institutes with universities such as FINUCI in France, and Johns Hopkins University in the United States.
- According to the 2015 Best Hospital Rankings published by the Hospital Management Institute of Fudan University, the university has 1 hospital ranked in the top 10 and 4 hospitals in the top 50.
- In the 2015 Best Specialty Rankings, 5 specialities at the university have ranked among the top 5 in their respective fields for 7 consecutive years.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Duration of course: 6 years
The medium of teaching: English
Tuition Fee: 504,500 Rupees/year (approx.)
Campus and Accommodation:
Sun Yat-Sen University has a cross-disciplinary, cross-cultural, and cross-border atmosphere of interactive learning along with several campus cultural activities for students to broaden their international horizons and encourage international collaborations. All the 5 campuses comprise apartments for international students.
Double Room: 47,000 Rupees/month (approx.)
Quad Room: 31,500 Rupees/month (approx.)
Cost of Living: 26,000 Rupees/month (approx.)