Sun Yat-Sen University is globally popular for academic innovation. The university has dedicated itself to being an institution that is comprehensive, innovative, and open. The students who have the ability, moral integrity, and eagerness to serve their country are nurtured by the university. Sun Yat-Sen University has succeeded to be a university where humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, medical sciences, and engineering can integrate and develop while retaining their distinctive characteristics. Presently, the university has created an academic environment where all disciplines can develop distinctively yet systematically while having influence and impact on a global scale.
Facts of Sun Yat Sen University:
Founded in: 1924
Address: 135 Xingang W Rd, BinJiang Lu, Haizhu Qu, Guangzhou Shi, Guangdong Sheng, China
Number of Students: 85,100 (including 4,000 international students from 28 countries)
Number of Academic Staff: 12,034
Academic Year Begins: 1st September
Recognized by: Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS
Tuition Fee: 504,500 Rupees/year (approx.)
Total area: 6.17 square kilometers
University Campus: Guangzhou South Campus, Guangzhou North Campus, Guangzhou East Campus, Shenzhen Campus, and Zhuhai Campus
Library: About 4.6 million books (including 400,000 classic books)
Food: Special place for international students; western-style restaurant on campus and Muslim canteen are available
Weather: Average temperature is 21-29°C, and the Average rainfall is 650mm
Nearest Airport: Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport in Guangdong, China
Admission Procedure: Entrance Examination
Application Deadline: May
Chat with University Expert: Chat Now
Admission Procedure: Direct (No Entrance Examination)
Sun Yat Sen University comprises 20 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering, 42 distinguished professors of the Chang Jiang Scholars Program, and 79 recipients of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars among its faculty. The university has 10 directly affiliated hospitals (7 general hospitals and 3 specialized hospitals), which form a wide and efficient medical service network.
Eligibility to study MBBS in China at Sun Yat Sen University
In China, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Sun Yat Sen University must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) NEET Qualification is mandatory.
2) 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31
4) Medical Fitness certificate
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
|Medicine Program||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Duration of Course||5 years + 1-year internship|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
Facilities at Join Sun Yat Sen University
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- As of 2016, the annual research funding of the university exceeded RMB 2 billion (ranked 5th).
- Leads 56 projects under the “973 Program” and the Major Scientific Research Program.
- Has signed university-level collaborative agreements with over 240 universities from 39 countries, including joint platforms and institutes with universities such as FINUCI in France, and Johns Hopkins University in the United States.
- According to the 2015 Best Hospital Rankings published by the Hospital Management Institute of Fudan University, the university has 1 hospital ranked in the top 10 and 4 hospitals in the top 50.
- In the 2015 Best Specialty Rankings, 5 specialties at the university have ranked among the top 5 in their respective fields for 7 consecutive years.
Campus and Accommodation:
Sun Yat Sen University has a cross-disciplinary, cross-cultural, and cross-border atmosphere of interactive learning along with several campus cultural activities for students to broaden their international horizons and encourage international collaborations. All 5 campuses comprise apartments for international students.
Double Room: 47,000 Rupees/month (approx.)
Quad Room: 31,500 Rupees/month (approx.)
Cost of Living: 26,000 Rupees/month (approx.)
Don’t waste time! Let your education be your priority as you plan your MBBS study in China. With Sun Yat Sen University, students can make the most of their academic experience!