T. POPA University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Lasi Romania
The university is located in Lasi, Romania. It was named Grigore T. Popa in honor of the renowned scientist. It is a public university and is considered an advanced research and education university by the ministry of education. The university was established on 30th September 1879 as Lasi University of Medicine and Pharmacy.
It is one of the oldest educational institutions in Romania with more than 100 years in existence. It started out as Faculty of Medicine incorporated in the University of Lasi. It formed the institute of Medicine and Pharmacy in 1948 after the medical school was associated with the school of dentistry and the school of pharmacy. In 1991, the school’s name changed to Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1879
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Less than 11,922
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot Summers and Cold Winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: EUR 5000
Eligibility: High School Diploma
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS inT. POPA University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Lasi Romania
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at T. POPA University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Lasi Romania must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join T. POPA University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Lasi Romania
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- All courses are of European education standard
- Students who have successfully completed their MBBS from this institute are leading medical practitioners in different parts of the world.
- The institute provides first-class infrastructure with impressive academic facilities.
- Highly experienced staff and professors
- Friendly and safe environment
- The entire course is taught in English.
- The institute has multimedia lecture halls and classrooms.
- The school has Congressis which is a medical student and young doctors conference that focuses on Fundamental Science, Surgery and Internal Medicine.
Cost of Education at T. POPA University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Lasi Romania
Overview of T. POPA University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Lasi Romania
The university has 8 colleges which include College of general Nursing, College of Dental technique, College of Dental Nursing, College of Audiology, College of Balneotherapy and Rehabilitation, College of Medical Cosmetics, College of Hygiene and Public Health and College of Pharmaceutical Technique. The school holds 3year courses for the colleges. Once students complete their studies, they are required to pass a license examination. Courses in Medicine and Dentistry last for 6 years. The school is associated with various academic institutions which include University of Freiburg in Germany, University of Parma and University of Torino in Italy, and University of Lyon, University of Amiensi and University of Nancy in France.
The university consists of four major divisions which are Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Dentistry and Faculty of Biomedical Engineering.
The school has a student buffet where students get their food. It also has a center of modern languages, a school library, a simulation center, and it offers professional counselling service. It has about 11, 922 students.
The university offers accommodation to its students.