Tanta University, Egypt is a higher education institution for medical science. The university was established in 1962 as the branch of Alexandria University, but later on, in 1972, it separated and became an independent university. The university also has another branch in Kafr ash Shaykh that was opened in 1983.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1962
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 3532
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Dry and Hot
Yearly Tuition Fee: 1500 USD (Registration Fees) 6000 USD (Tuition Fee/ Semester), Not Available (Hostel fee)
Eligibility: 10+2 with at least 50% in PCB + at least 50% in English+ NEET Qualified
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Tanta University, Egypt
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Tanta University, Egypt must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Tanta University, Egypt
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Has a Forensic Medical Consultation Center
- Offers student exchange programs
- Well connected with university situated in Yemen, Iraq, Lebanon, and the US
- Offers scholarships through agreements and cultural programs.
Overview of Tanta University, Egypt
The Tanta university, Egypt is a renowned university for higher degree courses. The university is affiliated with the Ministry of Higher education, Egypt, and coeducational Egyptian higher education institution, Tanta. Currently, the university has 14545 post-graduate students studying in different courses. The university is ranked 1760 internationally, 26 in Arab countries, 31 in Africa, and 6 nationally.
The university has 14 faculties such as Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, Faculty of nursing, and many more. Other than these faculties, the university has a computer and information center, and 37 special units. University offers 156 Ph.D. programs, 160 master programs, and 151 diploma courses. Tanta University offers world-class education with the help of 5679 skilled professors. It also has a Center of excellence in center research. The TAFL Center of the university offers an Arabic language course to its students.
The university numerous academic and non-academic facilities for students. It has a dedicated research center for diverse medical science practices such as Genomic Signature Cancer Center, Scientific Research Development Unit (SRDU), Delta Center for Control and Prevention of Thalassemia, and many more. Students are allowed to do practice in any center according to their convenience. Each center is equipped with modern equipment and safety features. University also offers other facilities such as online lectures, university hospitals, physical and digital libraries, university conferences, and scientific portal.
The university has multiple guest houses to accommodate the students. Currently, 4316 students are lodging in the university campus. All the guest house rooms are well painted to give a relaxed environment to its students. All the personal care items such as towels, bathrobe, soap, and shampoo are available in the room. University offers quality service and luxury rooms to its students.