Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
Taras Shevchenko National University is a leading educational institution in Ukraine. The school’s history goes far back to 1833 when it was formed. C.C Urarov, who was the Minister of Education at the time supported the formation of the institution. It was later in 1834 that the school was inaugurated and officially established. At the time, only one faculty was operating in the school. This is the Faculty of Philosophy. Also, only two departments had been established at the time. One of the major challenges that the school faced when it was still new was the lack of school premises. The institution had to rent in order to provide their students with the necessary lessons.
University at a Glance:
University Type: Public
Number of International Students: 180+
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Cold snowy winters/Warm summers
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD$7,700
Eligibility: 50%PCB + NEET Exam
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: 15 September
Eligibility to study Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- All courses are of European education standard
- Students who have successfully completed their MBBS from this institute are leading medical practitioners in different parts of the world.
- The institute provides first-class infrastructure with impressive academic facilities.
- Highly experienced staff and professors
- Friendly and safe environment
- The entire course is taught in English.
- The institution offers a favorable environment for students where they can conduct research.
- The lecturers within the institution have vast knowledge on their areas of expertise.
- The school’s long history and continued growth gives it a good standing in Ukraine and abroad.
- The school provides the students with the opportunity to get involved in extracurricular activities.
Cost of Education at Taras Shevchenko National University
Overview of Taras Shevchenko National University
Taras Shevchenko National University was established on 15th July 1834. Over the years it has had significant growth. On 21st April 1994 it was officially given the “National” status. Again in 2009 on July, Ukraine’s Cabinet Ministers gave the university a higher status. The university received authority of a self-governing and national research university. They also increased funding for the school that would aid in the development of its facilities.
The university offers training and retraining programs to its students. Those interested in getting into the medical profession together with those who are already medical professionals have an opportunity to sharpen their skills. The university caters to those interested to be Junior specialists and Bachelors specialists. It also offers masters degrees, post graduate degrees and doctoral degrees. Students enrolled in the school stand at 26,000 as at present.
The teaching staff are highly competent. They also have years of experience making the suitable to carry out their roles. A large number of them have doctoral degrees while others have postgraduate level degrees. The facilities within the school also play a major role in the success of the university. The facilities available include the Geological and Zoological Museum, the Nature Reserve, Interfaculty Museum of Linguistics, Informatics Center and the Library.
The university has additionally forged partnerships. The partnership involves both foreign educational and scientific institutions. About 227 foreign institutions from 57 countries are a part of this partnership. Every year, both students and lecturers from these universities work together on conducting research. This is through attending conferences and giving lectures.