The American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) is the renowned board for medical professionals’ certification. The board is out of 24 bords of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). Its headquarters is located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States. The board was founded by the American Pediatric Society, the American Medical Association, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
University Quick View
Established: Founded in 1933
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: No
Climate: Continental Climate with Cold Winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: $2265 (Oral+ Written Examination fee) + $1500 (Hostel Fee/Month)
Eligibility: Graduation from an accredited medical school + Completed training + has an active medical license
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: August
Eligibility to study MBBS in USA at The American Board of Pediatrics
In USA, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at The American Board of Pediatrics must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join The American Board of Pediatrics
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- The research center has both the Engineering and Design Institute and the Laboratory for Engineered Human Protection.
- Affordable fee structure
- Links with national and international organizations
- Renowned institution for medical certifications
Cost of Education at The American Board of Pediatrics
The medical department separated from its main university in 1838 and became Jefferson Medical College. A school for Nurses was established in 1891. In 1969 the medical College became Thomas Jefferson University. The major focus of the university includes medical research, education and patient care. In the American Medical schools in existence today, the university is the ninth oldest. Philadelphia University and Thomas Jefferson University merged in May 2017. The university consists of two campuses and a research center.
Schools and Colleges in the school include College of Architecture and the Built Environment, Kanbar College of Design, Engineering and Commerce, College of Science, Health and the Liberal Arts and School of Continuing and Professional Studies.
The East Falls is a wooden campus that consists of 52 buildings. It includes laboratories, classrooms, student resident facilities, studios, the Paul J. Gutman Library and an exhibition gallery. Latest additions to the school campus include Kanbar Campus Center for students, Recreation and Convocation Center, LEED Gold Center for sustainability, Energy Efficiency and Design and the innovative DEC Center. Its known for its male basketball program.
The university provides accommodation facilities to its students.