The university is located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It is a private university that was established in 1997. The private university was accredited in 2000 being among the first universities in the region to receive the status. The establishment of the school was an idea of Prof Hubert C.M Kairuki and his wife Mrs. Kokushubira Kairuki. It was initially known as Mikocheni International University of Health Sciences. It was focused on the training of health professionals in Tanzania and the entire sub-Saharan Africa.
The university hoped to expand beyond health sciences, therefore, changed its name to Mikocheni International University in 1998. After the university’s founder passed away, the university’s name changed to Hubert Kairuki Memorial University in his honor.
University at a Glance:
Established: It was established in 1997
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: Less than 1517
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Tropical Climate
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 7500
Eligibility: 4.5 points in PCB
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in The Hubert Kairuki Memorial University, Dar es Salaam
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at The Hubert Kairuki Memorial University, Dar es Salaam must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join The Hubert Kairuki Memorial University, Dar es Salaam
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Offers student exchange programs
- Affordable Education as compared to other countries
- The school aims to produce scientists who are ethical minded, have integrity, commitment and devotion.
- The school has easy access to several touristic sites in the region.
Cost of Education At The Hubert Kairuki Memorial University, Dar es Salaam
Overview of The Hubert Kairuki Memorial University, Dar es Salaam
The university offers degrees, diplomas and certificates in Doctor of Medicine, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Medicine in Pediatrics and Child Health, Diploma in Nursing, Certificate in Nursing and Certificate in Midwifery. The school is recognized by the Tanzanian government through the Tanzania Commission for Universities. It is also recognized by the World Health Organization and appears in the International Medical Education Directory. Programs that have been recently established in the university include Master of Social Work, Master of Science in Public Health, Research and Development in Edible and Medicinal Mushrooms. The university accepts foreign students with 15 different countries represented in the university.
The faculties in the university include Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Nursing. Postgraduate studies are also available.
The university has a students’ association that has its own constitution. Students registration into the school automatically makes them members of the association.
The university provides accommodation facilities to both the female students and the male students. Private accommodation facilities with close proximity to the school are also available for students who wish to live off campus.