The University of North Carolina is a higher education institution for medical education. It is located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States. This is one of the oldest universities in North Carolina. In 1977 the university-sponsored multiple academic institutions like the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Elizabeth City State University), North Carolina Central University, and many more.
University Quick View
Established: 1789 (Chapel hills) + 1972 (Current Building)
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 3000
Hostel Type: Private Hostel
Climate: Tropical, Hot, and Sunny
Yearly Tuition Fee: $32,746 (Tuition Fee) + Not Available (Hostel Fee/Semester)
Eligibility: 50 % in PCB with English + Qualified NEET + IELTS/TOFEL Score Card
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: August
Eligibility to study MBBS in USA at The University of North Carolina
In USA, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at The University of North Carolina must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join The University of North Carolina
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- The research center has both the Engineering and Design Institute and the Laboratory for Engineered Human Protection.
- University Research Ethics Commission to assist in research.
- Finance student’s research and projects.
- Offers scholarships and funding.
- Research Observatory to monitor students’ research.
- World-class laboratories and faculty members.
Cost of Education at The University of North Carolina
The University of North Carolina is a coeducation institution for medical education. The university is affiliated with so many colleges so far some of them are North Carolina Arboretum, North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority, North Carolina Center for Nursing, North Carolina Center for International Understanding, and University of North Carolina Press. The university is also recognized by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organization. The university has more than 239987 students studying in different courses.
The University of North Carolina has numerous faculties in its 16 campuses. Students need to enroll at one place for courses available on all campuses. The university has multiple faculties such as Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Stomatology, Faculty of Pediatrics, Faculty of Preventive Medicine, and Faculty of Pharmacy, and many more.
The university is world-renowned for its exemplary education. In addition to this, it also offers multiple services to students such as the admission office, the center of Doctoral Studies, the Postgraduate center, the Computer center, and the Center for teaching and learning. The university has an independent emergency hospital, University hospital, central library, and medical clinics for medical practices. The university also has its own publishing house, Canteens, Job placement, and career center, and sports complex.
The University of North Carolina supports international students’ lodging. The accommodation is provided based on their academics and if students lack financial resources. Students can get an independent and shared room at an affordable price. All the hostels have facilities like a sports club, Jogging track, mess, TV area, and a shared kitchen. Most of the hostels are situated near the university and have 24*7 internet access through Wi-Fi.