The University of West Indies is known initially as the College of the West Indies. It is a private university system to serve the higher education need of the residents. More than seventeen English speaking courses are available.
University at Glance:
Established: Founded in 1948
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: Not-known
Hostel Type: Private Hostel
Yearly Tuition Fee: $ 520-1,132 USD/ Month (Tuition Fee) + Not Available (Hostel Fee/Semester)
Eligibility: 50% qualifying marks+ NEET qualified
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: 15 September
Eligibility to study MBBS in The University of West Indies
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at The University of West Indies must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join The University of West Indies
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- Accreditation from the best authorities for higher education
- Different faculties for a different department at the campus
- More than ten highly-qualified teachers offering the services
- Excellent housing off-campus options
- It is a school for students who value personal attention and faculty support within a smaller, focused learning environment.
Overview of University of West Indies
The University of West Indies has received accreditation from the local accreditation body in the country. The experience of the body is long, and accreditation is available for professional programs. The affiliations are available from the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Caribbean Community Association of Atlantic Universities. A re-accreditation is also available by the Barbados Accreditation.
The University of West Indies have a number of academic’s staff members. Different departments are available in the University like Mona Campus, Mona Media Center, Principal Officers, Faulty of Engineering, Graduate Studies, and Research Administrative. Many undergraduate and postgraduate programs are available in the campus such as Faculty of Medical, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, Faculty of Social Science. The work and contribution are from 12-high performing members of the staff and faculty.
The University of West Indies is offering a world-class campus to the students and staff members. Higher education is possible with online classes at the campus. The research and development sections are designed to support the social and economic growth of the region. The enriching of the experience is possible with taking admission to The University of West Indies. The library is great to provide more books to the students. The provision of community services is available at the campus.
The University of West Indies offer many housing solutions to the students and staff members. You can seek admission to the campus with ease. The assistance to the people is excellent. A separate room is available with an individual bed, room, chair, and table. The hostel and housing rooms are friendly to the residents. The services are available for twenty-four-hours of the day. The housing facilities are making the residents happy.