University of Aden was the second university to be established, after Sanaa University in the Republic of Yemen. The school’s history dates back to the establishment of College of Education in 1970 and Nasser’s College for agricultural sciences in 1972. Both colleges were under the authority and jurisdiction of the Minister of Education. The college of economics was established in 1974. Each of the colleges has an administrative unit.
In September 1975, Statute No. 22 was issued pertaining to the formation of the University of Aden as a scientific establishment. The university’s establishment represented an extension and sincere continuation of the cultural and educational traditions of the Yemen people. In 1981, the first conference of higher education was held at the university.
University Quick View
Established: Founded in 1975
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Less than 29,795
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot summers and cold winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 9,700
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: Rolling basis
Eligibility to study MBBS in Yemen at University of Aden
In Yemen, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Aden must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join University of Aden
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- The university’s goal includes the performance of scientific research that serves social and economic development.
- The school aims at providing students with specialized and in-depth study opportunities in various fields of knowledge.
At the beginning the university consisted of various colleges which were College of Education, college of Economics, College of Medicine and Nasser’s College for Agricultural Sciences. Several colleges and affiliate colleges were established from 1975 to 1999 which include College of Law, College of Engineering, College of Education(Zingibar), College of Education(Saber), College of Education(Mukalla), College of education ( Shabwa), College of Education(Radfan), College of Education(Lodar) and College of Oil and Mineralogy(Shabwa). It is a non-profit public higher Education institution. It is recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. It is a member of the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World.
The school faculties include Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Technology, and faculty of Economics and Administration.
The university has a cultural and artistic delegation. It takes part in international forums. Students take part in chess tournaments. The school has a university museum that was established at the same time that the school started teaching archeology courses at the department of archeology.
The university provides accommodation facilities for both its male and female students.