University of Antigua College of Medicine, Antigua & Barbuda
American University of Antigua College of Medicine, Antigua & Barbuda is a fully accredited medical institution located in St. John’s Antigua and Barbuda of the Caribbean. The university, dedicated to presenting the best and high-quality innovative education to its students that are learner-centric. The university was founded in West Indies by a lawyer and former president of a university.
Later in 2008, the college was purchased by Manipal Education and Medical Group India. In 2010 AUA opened its enormous campus to students from all over the world.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 2004
University Type: Private Medical School
Number of International Students: 500+
Hostel Type: No
Climate: Cold and Moderate
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 22500+ $380/Week (Tuition Fee/Semester) + $6300 (Hostel Fee/Semester)
Eligibility: 50 % in PCB with English + Qualified NEET + 2 letter of recommendation
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in American University of Antigua College of Medicine, Antigua & Barbuda
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at American University of Antigua College of Medicine, Antigua & Barbuda must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join American University of Antigua College of Medicine, Antigua & Barbuda
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- State of the art lab and infrastructure with simulators.
- Student Exchange Program.
- Learner-Centric Education.
- Florida International University Rotation Classes.
- On-campus housing and third-party apartment accommodations.
- Great Location and Atmosphere.
- Special Scholarship worth $96500.
Cost of Education At American University of Antigua College of Medicine, Antigua & Barbuda
Overview of American University of Antigua College of Medicine, Antigua & Barbuda
American University of Antigua College of Medicine, Antigua & Barbuda is a higher education institution. The university is accredited and recognized by several organizations. American University of Antigua (AUA) is recognized by the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and other Health Professions (CAAM-HP), Medical Board of California, US Department of Education, New York State Education Department, Medical Council of India, and Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine. The university is also recognized by the Medical Board of California, Medical Council of India (MCI), ECFMG, USDE and approved by the New York State Education Department.
Faculty of Clinical Education Enhancement Department, Faculty of Family Medicine, Faculty of Global Health, Visiting Faculty, Faculty of Internal Medicine, OB-gyn, Faculty of Paediatrics, Faculty of Psychiatry, and Faculty of Surgery. The university has a faculty of 95 medical professionals to give high-class training and knowledge to medical students.
The university believes that medical colleges should not only be limited to classroom learning, but it should also be responsible for all-rounder preparation for future medical professionals. From a landscaped courtyard to a 400-seat capacity amphitheater, the university’s infrastructure speaks volumes about the quality atmosphere. The university’s dedicated Education Enhancement Department (EED) ups the level of education of the university. In addition to this, the university also has a sports center, a fully stocked library, recreational centers, and conduct medical conferences.
The university provides the best-in-class accommodation arrangements for its students. Students can choose to stay in on-campus housing or third-party apartments. The food court is not limited to mess-food but has on-campus big brands like Subway and Mama Lolly’s. University has a Health Clinic to look after the wellbeing of the students, staff, and faculties.