University of Chittagong (CU) in Bangladesh was formed in 18th November 1966. It is located north of Chittagong city with a distance of about 22 kilometres. It was founded by Fazul Qadir Chaudry. He was one of the people that demanded the university be put up. The Ministry of Education appointed the current Vice-chancellor in 2019.
Dr. Shirin Akhter is the first female Vice-chancellor in the history of CU. She holds the position of the 18th VC to run the institution. The school has rapidly grown over the years. With the recent numbers, it has recorded about 24000 students and more than 1000 staff members.
University at a Glance:
Established: 18th November 1966
University Type: Public university
Number of International Students: More than 19
Hostel Type: University hostel
Climate: Warm and cold
Yearly Tuition Fee: US$1000
Eligibility: Based on entrance examinations
ECFMG Approval: Not approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Chittagong, Bangladesh must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Availability of adequate resources to cater to the students’ needs
- Availability of highly qualified faculty members
- Availability of research opportunities
- The university is accredited by the World Health Organization
- They charge affordable fees
- The university ranks in the top 10 in the country
- The university is recognized globally
Cost of Education At University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
Overview of University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
The University of Chittagong is among the largest universities in Bangladesh. It also has a beautiful design evidenced by the way its buildings have been structured. CU aims to stand out. That is why it has a unique campus design, ecological setting, curricular and extracurricular activities.
The growth witnessed over the years has improved the universities standing. It is ranked number 9 in the country and number 5797 in the world. It is known for its research capabilities. It has a highly qualified staff who offer unwavering support to the students. The universities development efforts go beyond and move into the local, national, and international communities.
When it comes to facilities, the university is well equipped. Residential halls are available for student’s accommodation. 9 halls are for boys and 5 halls are for girls bringing the total to 15. In matters related to transport, the university has a shuttle train. This arrangement makes it easy for students to commute to and from school. The university library is another resource enjoyed by the students. It boasts of 350,000 books and more than 40,000 journals.
There are several cafeterias within the school that provide meals for the students. Additionally, CU promotes participation in extracurricular activities. This is inclusive of arts and culture, games and sports, campus clubs and volunteering. Other than the clubs and societies, the school also has attractions such the botanical garden.
International students are encouraged to apply to the institution. The school has an administrative contact number for assistance in case a potential student has queries or is facing a problem with their application process. The MBSS course, in particular, takes five years and another additional year for internship.