University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center
University of Debrecen is located in Debrecen, Hungary. It was established in 1538, and is considered to be among the oldest universities still operating. It was formerly known as Reformed College of Debrecen, and teaching was done in native language. The university established the English language program in 1986. Currently, it hosts more than 6,297 international students.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1538
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 6297+
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Warm dry summers, cold winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 4800-9800
Eligibility: Oral Test + Written Test
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- It is the only university in the region certified to organize the MCCQE1 Preparatory course.
- It is a government supported public research university in existence since 1958.
- By 2014, Technical Academy Awards (Oscars) had been awarded to 5 former students.
Cost of Education At University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center
Overview of University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center
In 2000, the university of Agriculture and the medical university were combined. It offers internationally competitive degrees that are recognized all over the world. It is accredited by the World Health Organization, The State Education Department in the US, Medical Board of California, General Medicine Council and Medical Councils of Israel, Iran, Ireland, and Norway.
The university organizes examinations for new entrants every year from December to June. It is considered to be a major research facility in Europe. It is well known for its Cactus Research lab in the school botanical gardens. Additionally, it has numerous local and international partnerships with enterprises in the fields of innovation, research, and production.
The medical school has 22 departments of basic sciences. It also has 25 clinical departments specializing in the fields of neurosurgery, internal medicine, clinical chemistry, surgery, orthopedics, psychiatry, pediatrics, cardiology and pulmonology, obstetrics, gynaecology, and radiology.
The campus has the largest teaching hospital in Hungary. It has more than 2,900 beds. Students receive first hand practical experience. Students choose from a wide range of extra-curricular activities. Medical Athletics Club has a tennis and basketball court, and a weight room. There is also night time entertainment in the city center.
Students can choose to either rent dormitories or private flats. The students’ hostels are located in the campus area. Some of the facilities include bathrooms, kitchens, air conditioning, and Internet connection.