One of the oldest University in Bangladesh is the University of Dhaka. It is also known as Dhaka University. It has been built in a scenic and beautiful location of the city called Ramna. Dhaka University aims to learning advancement and commits to promote research in all fields of knowledge. The teachers and students of the university played a vital role in Independence of Bangladesh in 1971. The Order of 1973 of the University re-constituted and re-organized the university. This led to the improvement in the teaching and research provided and also the administration after the 1971 Independence war.
University at a Glance:
Established: The University of Dhaka was established in the year 1921.
University Type: Public
Number of International Students: 48
Hostel Type: Public
Yearly Tuition Fee: Tk.2400.00 – Tk.3600.00
Eligibility: Completed Class 12 examination with a minimum score of 50% and should be above 18 years of age.
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Dhaka, Bangladesh must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- There are about 56 research bureaus and centers at Dhaka University.
- The University Library is housed in three separate buildings, is the biggest library in Bangladesh.
- The library of Dhaka University has access to the subscribed e-resources
- The Medical Centre of the Dhaka University offers free medical services and free pathological examinations to the students, teachers, and staff. This also includes family members of the teachers and staff.
- Cafeterias are on campus that holds historical and architectural interest
- The University of Dhaka is the official stadium of the University of Dhaka
Cost of Education At University of Dhaka, Bangladeshn
Overview of University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
The University of Dhaka ranks 801-1000 in QS Global World Rankings 2021. The university has been ranked as one of the top universities in Asia by AsiaWeek. One of the affiliates of the university is its research center. The university has produced 180 books. The University is completely prepared to face the challenges of the future with its spirit of freedom, justice, and truth. Consisting of 13 various faculties, 83 different departments, 12 educational Institutes, 20 Residential halls, with 3 hostels and more than 56 research centers.
Since 1947, an affiliating mandate is provided to the University in place of an exclusive residential-cum-teaching character. In 1971, the university assumed a central role in the academic pursuits of the region. At present, the university consists of more than 5,800 students on a merit basis. Besides it’s teaching courses in the Bachelor for four years and Masters programs for 1 year, the University also gives training to a larger number of researchers in various disciplines. There are more than 1262 Ph.D. and 1217 M.Phil. researchers who have received their degrees from the University of Dhaka. The university is expending its curriculum day by day to achieve new targets and goals. New research projects are also taken by university to explore the modern scientific world.
Dhaka University is considered as the pioneer and the largest seat of learning in the country. The university ultimate goal is to transform the student by providing excellent educational and research facilities.