The University of Florence Italy is the oldest university for medical education. It is situated in the urban setting of Florence city. The university is ranked in the top 10 universities in Italy for medical education.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1321
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: More than 1000
Hostel Type: Yes
Climate: Hot in Summers and Cold in Winter
Yearly Tuition Fee: EUR 7489 (Tuition Fee/ Semester), EUR 700 to 1000 (Hostel fee)
Eligibility: 10+2 with at least 50% in PCB + NEET is mandatory
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: July
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Florence, Italy
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Florence, Italy must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Florence, Italy
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- University Research Ethics Commission to assist in research.
- Finance students research and projects.
- Offers scholarships and funding.
- Research Observatory to monitor students’ research.
Cost of Education At University of Florence, Italy
Overview of University of Florence, Italy
The University of Florence, Italy offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in medical education. The university is affiliated with the Florence republic. The new administrative structure of the university is developed in 2013; therefore all the faculty transformed into separate departments. The university is recognized by the Government of Unified Italy, the World Health Organization, and the Medical Council of India.
The university is organized into multiple departments- Department of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Pharmacy, Natural Science, Education, and many more. The university currently has 36497 students perusing courses in various departments. The Faculty of Psychology was established in 2002. It is ranked 432 internationally, and 199 in Europe.
To enhance the medical concept knowledge, university has a Technology Research and Development center. The university has a theatre, orchestra, and sports center where students can explore their skills. In addition to this, the university has a library with half a million books and journals. The library has online catalogs to access all the medical-based databases and journals. The language center of the university offers Italian language classes to the students free of cost. The university also has its own publishing house, Canteens, Job placement, and career center, and sports complex.
The University of Florence supports international students’ lodging. The accommodation is provided based on their academics and if the students lack financial resources. The accommodation application is called in July every year. All the dormitories of the university are well equipped with all amenities. The university is also attached to housing anywhere platform. Here, all the university students can sublet their housings on affordable changes.