The University of Florida is located in Gainesville Florida. The public research university was established in 1853. In Florida. It is the only member of the Association of American universities. It is considered to be the sixth best public university in the United States for 2021, according to the US News and World Report. When considering student population, the School is the 3rd largest university in the Florida region.
The school houses 16 academic colleges and 150 research centers and institutes. There are multiple graduate programs offered in the school which includes Engineering, Business Administration, Dentistry, Law, Medicine, pharmacy and Veterinary Medicine. The university also offers 76 doctoral degree programs and 123 master’s degree programs.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1853
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Less than 56,567
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Tropical Climate
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 8057
Eligibility: 4.4 GPA
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Florida
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Florida must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to University of Florida
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- All courses are of European education standard
- Students who have successfully completed their MBBS from this institute are leading medical practitioners in different parts of the world.
- The institute provides first-class infrastructure with impressive academic facilities.
- Highly experienced staff and professors
- It has an acceptance rate of 39%
- The school is known for its high research activity
Overview of University of Florida
A large number of the school faculty and alumni have been awarded the Pulitzer prize and 2 Nobel prizes. The Reitz Union building in the school consists of new lounges, space for student organization, study spaces, game room, dance studios and an arts and craft center. The structures and facilities in the university include the Century tower, Health sciences Center, Steve Spurrier Florida Field at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Smathers Library, Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Harn Museum, University Auditorium and the Hub. The school has a Historic district that consists of university buildings that are historically significant.
The colleges in the university include Colle of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Arts, Business, Dentistry, Education and Engineering.
The school has an intercollegiate sports team that competes nationally in National Collegiate Athlete Association Division I. The university sports team has won 41 national championships in the 111 years of its existence. 36 of the wins have been NCAA titles. Students and Alumni have won 126 Olympic medals. The student life consists of PaCE, Innovation Academy, Fraternities and Sororities, Dance Marathon and a Reserve Officer Training Corps.
The school provides up to 9,200 students with accommodation in the residence halls and complexes. They are located to the Eastern and Western side of the campus.