The university was established by papal bull in 1451. The public research university is located in Glasgow in Scotland. It is also the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. At first, the university only educated students from wealthy backgrounds. With time, however, it became a pioneer in British Higher Education by catering to the needs of students from the growing urban and commercial middle class. Students were prepared for various professions such as Law, Medicine, Church, Civil Service and Teaching.
The school is a member of Russell Group, Universitas 21, and Guild of European Research-Intensive universities. The university’s initial accommodation, which included the library, was a part of the complex of the religious buildings of Glasgow cathedral. The school relocated to a site on Gilmore hill in 1870.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1451
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Less than 26,635
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Cool and Wet climate
Yearly Tuition Fee: 27.5 Lakh
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Glasgow
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Glasgow must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Glasgow
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- To a achieve a positive student experience the school relies on a successful partnership between itself the student union and students.
- The university has more than 2,900 academic staff.
- The school is one of Scotland’s ancient universities.
Cost of Education At University of Glasgow
Overview of University of Glasgow
The university has notable faculty and staff who include James Wilson who was the founding father of the United States, engineer James Watt, philosopher Francis Hutcheson, philosopher and economist Adam Smith, physicist Lord Kelvin, three British prime Ministers and seven Nobel laureates. The school is spread over several campuses with the main one being Gilmore hill Campus in Hillhead.
The Garscube Estate in Bearsden hosts the Veterinary school, the observatory and most of the university’s sports facilities. The dental school is located in the city center, the teaching and learning center is located at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, the section of the Mental Health and Well-being is located at the Gartnavel Royal Hospital and the Crichton campus is located in Dumfries.
Colleges in the university include College of Arts, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, College of Social Sciences and College of Science and Engineering.
The university’s surrounding is filled with cafes, bars, restaurants, vintage boutiques and cultural attractions. The university has the main library and other branch libraries around the campus.
The university provides accommodation facilities to its students. The school residences have living support staff who are fully trained.