The Public research university is located in Leeds in West Yorkshire, England. It started out as Yorkshire College of Science in 1874. It was renamed Yorkshire College in 1884 after it merged with Leeds School of medicine. In 1887, it became a part of the Federal Victoria University after joining with Owens College and University College, Liverpool. In 1904, King Edward II granted the University a Royal Charter.
It is the fifth largest university in the United Kingdom with more than 36,250 students. The university has been ranked among the top five from 2006 till present as one of the universities in the United Kingdom with a large number of applications received alongside Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Manchester, University of Nottingham and the University of Edinburgh.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1874
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Less than 36,250
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Warm summers and cool winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: GBP 9250
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: 15th January 2021
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Leeds, United Kingdom
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Leeds, United Kingdom must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- To a achieve a positive student experience the school relies on a successful partnership between itself the student union and students.
- The school has 2 Nobel Laureates in its staff.
Cost of Education At University of Leeds, United Kingdom
Overview of University of Leeds, United Kingdom
Notable alumni of the school include the current leader of the opposition Keir Starmer, the former co-chairman of the conservative party Sayeeda warsi, former secretary of state Jack straw and 6 Nobel Laureates. The main campus of the university is located 1 mile north of Leeds city center. The campus consists of a mixture of Gothic revival, deco, art, brutalist and post-modern buildings. It is a walking distance of the city center and Hyde park, woodhouse, and Headingley which are popular student neighborhoods. It has various research centers such as the Leeds University center for African studies.
The university has various faculties which includes Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures; Faculty of Biological sciences; Faculty of Business; Faculty of Education, Social sciences and Law, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences; Faculty of Environment and Faculty of Medicine and Health.
The Great Hall is used for examinations, meetings and graduation ceremonies. The school consists of a childcare center, swimming pool and a fitness center. The university library is spread over 5 locations. There are 9000 personal computers and 256 super computers available across the campus.
The university provides accommodation facilities to the students.