The University of Maiduguri is a federal higher institution located in Northern Nigeria. It was established in 1975 by the Federal Government of Nigeria with the intention of making it one of the country’s higher educational institutions. Today, it is the major higher educational institution in the north eastern part of Nigeria. When it began, the university did not have a building of its own, but in April 1976, it inherited the premises owned by the former North East College of Arts and Science. Personnel of the college (NECAS) were also absorbed into the university. The structures had adequate classrooms, office blocks, staff quarters, laboratories, and other structures required.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1975
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Tropical Climate
Yearly Tuition Fee: N33,000
Eligibility: SSCE, GCE, NECO
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Maiduguri, Nigeria
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Maiduguri, Nigeria must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Maiduguri, Nigeria
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- The university has recently increased its research efforts with the encouragement of the Federal Government.
- Teaching and non-teaching staff have been employed from Europe, Asia, Caribbean Islands and African countries.
Cost of Education At University of Maiduguri, Nigeria
Overview of University of Maiduguri, Nigeria
In its first academic year, the school had 743 students enrolled in three faculties which were Arts and Education, Science and Social Science and Law. The faculties had expanded to 6 by 1978. The university attracts students from within and outside Nigeria. The National Universities Commission has approved various institutions affiliated with the university which include College of Education, Azare; College pf Education, Gashua; Federal College of Education (Technical)Gombe and Annahda College of Science and Islamic. The university enrolls about 25,000 students in all its programs.
The university has 12 faculties. They include Faculty of Agriculture, College of Medicine, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Management Science, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Social Science, and Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
The school has a couple of centers that promote student growth. They include Center for Distance learning, Center for Arid Zone studies, Center for Trans Saharan Studies, Center for Peace Diplomatic and Development studies, Center for Nuclear Energy, Research and Training, Center for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development, Center for Disaster, Risk Management and Development studies, Computer and ICT Center, and Counselling and Human Development Center.
The university provides students accommodation.