The university was first established in 1905, and was known as King Edward VII College of Medicine. It was separated into two in 1959 with locations in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. A legislation was passed in 1961, and the University of Malaya was established in January 1962. In 2012 it was given autonomy by the Ministry of higher Education. It is the oldest and highest-ranking Malaysian Institution of Higher Education according to two international ranking agencies.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1905
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 1% of student body
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot and Humid throughout the year
Yearly Tuition Fee: MYR 7,708.22
Eligibility: IELTS + TOEFL
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Offers student exchange programs
- The school has been consistently ranked as number 1 university in Malaysia and among top 3 universities in South East Asia.
- 3 prime ministers of Malaysia and other political, cultural and business figures of prominence are part of the alumni.
Cost of Education At University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur
Overview of University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur
The university has more than 2,500 faculty members. The business school has received two international accreditations from Associate to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and Association of MBAs. The university is divided into 13 faculties, two academies, 6 academic centers and 5 institutes.
The campus has various faculties and academies. The faculties are Faculty of Education, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Arts and Social and Sciences, Faculty of Business and accountancy, Faculty of Economics and Administration, Faculty of Language and Linguistics, Faculty of Built Environment, Faculty of Pharmacy and Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology. The two academies are Academy of Islamic Studies and Academy of Malay studies.
The various centers in the school include Cultural center, sports and exercise sciences center, Center for foundation studies, Center for civilization dialogue and Halal Research center. The university has a student body that is elected by the students. It represents them in policies and matters relating to student affairs. The school has a university teaching hospital.
The university has 12 residential colleges. 11 of these are in-campus while 1 is off-campus. Amenities available include Olympic sized swimming pool, Botanical Gardens, Museums of different fields, sports facilities, and an UM Arena which has a full course running track.