University of Mauritius was established in 1965. It is the National University of the country. It is a public university and its main campus is located at Reduit, Moka. The university defined its objectives, powers, and functions in the University of Mauritius Act in 1971. In addition to the 6 faculties, the university has a Center for Biomedical and Biomaterials research, Center for Innovative Lifelong Learning, and Center for Information Technology and Systems. The first Chancellor of the university was Her Royal Highness the Princess Alexandra.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1965
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: One in every four students
Hostel Type: Private Hostel
Climate: Warm humid summer and Cold dry winter
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 7500
Eligibility: IELTS Exam
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Mauritius
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Mauritius must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Mauritius
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- The school aims to provide world class learning impactful an innovative research as well as foster an entrepreneurial culture.
- It is the oldest and largest university in Mauritius in terms of enrollment and the curriculum offered.
Overview of University of Mauritius
The school values include integrity, equity, responsibility, respect, academic freedom and institutional anatomy. The medium of instruction in the school is English. It has International Affairs Office that caters to international students. The school’s vision is to position itself as a research engaged and entrepreneurial university. The university offers full time, part time, and dual degree programs.
The faculties within the school include Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Law and Management, Faculty of Ocean Studies, Faculty of Science, and Faculty of Social Studies and Humanities.
The university has a student union and it is run by the students. The union works for the interest of the students. All students are automatically members of the Student Union. The membership fee is charged during registration. The school has a library that offers adequate study materials. It also offers online services. The school has a First Aid post. It also has a sport unit and makes indoor games like baby foot, pinball and pool tables available. The center for information Technology and Systems aims to be a leading-edge high-quality provider of computer-based network services. Students have the opportunity to be awarded scholarships.
The university does not offer accommodation. However, international students are assisted in finding suitable lodging facilities close to the school.