University of Medical Sciences, Carlos J. Finlay Camaguey, Cuba
Medical education started in 1968 when a group of students from Havana School of Medicine arrived in the Central eastern Cuban province of Camaguey to conclude their training. The university was initially founded as Instituto Superior de Ciencias Médicas de Camagüey in 1981. The initial enrollment of students was over 1600. The National Accreditation Board of the Ministry of Education validated the implementation of the educational programs and scientific research in the university in academic activity, careers of medicine and dentistry, and the implementation of international professional training standards.
University at a Glance:
Established: It was formed in 1981
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 1000+
Hostel Type: Not Available
Yearly Tuition Fee: Free
Eligibility: Degree in higher secondary
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Medical Sciences, Carlos J. Finlay Camaguey, Cuba
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Medical Sciences, Carlos J. Finlay Camaguey, Cuba must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Medical Sciences, Carlos J. Finlay Camaguey, Cuba
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- The school offers comprehensive training to its students that guarantees they will be highly competent professionals in social humanistic, political and ideological culture.
- It ensures the development of scientific research and technological innovation.
- Ensures continuous improvement of students, teachers, and researchers.
- It has competent teachers who are highly skilled in their fields.
- Foreign students get to learn Spanish as an additional language.
- Students have a harmonious relationship with the locals which makes it easier to handle them when they are treating them.
- Students get the chance to enroll in the Faculty of Medical Sciences, or Faculty of Stomatology.
Cost of Education At University of Medical Sciences, Carlos J. Finlay Camaguey, Cuba
Overview of University of Medical Sciences, Carlos J. Finlay Camaguey, Cuba
The university reached the category of the university in 2010. The school has more than 11,000 students with about 1000 of them being international students. It offers both graduate and postgraduate programs. It has graduated students in the fields of medicine, dentistry, technology, psychology, health, and nursing. It is accredited by the Cuban Ministry of Higher education. The Rectora of the University is Maria Del Carmen Romero and the Director is Eloy Ortiz Hernandez.
It has two faculties; medical sciences faculty, and faculty of stomatology. It has more than 3000 professors.
The student body is Co-ed. The university’s vision is to train competent human resources committed and unconditional to the Revolution, and with a deep international sense. The school directs and controls the admission system to higher education in the province, in accordance with the policy outlined by the government. The medium of study in the school is Spanish.