The university is located in Craiova city which is in South Western, Romania. It was stablished in February 1970 as Craiova Faculty of Medicine which was part of the University of Craiova. Specialization of Pharmacy was established in 1996. In 1998 the University of Medicine and Pharmacy was established after detaching itself from University of Craiova. The university is well recognized at an international level. Academic functions and administrative functions are separated but the relations between the two are well defined.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1970
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Less than 4000
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot Summers and Cold Winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 5000
Eligibility: No Entrance Examination
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Craiova
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Craiova must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Craiova
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- All courses are of European education standard
- Students who have successfully completed their MBBS from this institute are leading medical practitioners in different parts of the world.
- The institute provides first-class infrastructure with impressive academic facilities.
- Highly experienced staff and professors
- Friendly and safe environment
- The entire course is taught in English.
- The school promotes and supports biomedical scientific research as a major activity in the school
- It supplies health services to the community by members of the teaching staff
- It provides lifelong graduate training of specialists in the pharmaceutical and medical fields
Cost of Education at University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Craiova
Overview of University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Craiova
The Faculty of Medicine offers 77 courses in 15 departments. The school has more than 300 teachers. There are two semesters in every academic year. Examinations offered to students are both oral and written. The semesters contain 30 credits that are transferable according to E.C.T.S. Graduate students of the Faculty of Medicine are at liberty to proceed with their residency, masters, and postgraduate education if they wish to. The Pharmacy course takes 5 years. Pharmacy graduates are at liberty to practice immediately they finish school. For a whole year students can take masters in Pharmacology and Toxicology. The school is in collaboration with research and educational institutions from Germany, Denmark, Italy, Moldovia, France, Turkey, Portugal ad Greece.
Faculties in the school include the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Dentistry, and Faculty of Nursing.
The university has a research center that is the most modern in the country. After only 5 years the publications of the research center were more than 100. The school offers room for both academic and non-academic activities. It has a library and a sports facility. It also has student exchange programs. The university has a center for research in Gastroenterology and Hepatology. English study program is available for the Faculty of Medicine.
The school offers accommodation to its students.