University of Sharjah is a private medical university located in Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates. The founder, president and chairman of the university is the ruler of Sharjah, Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Muhammad Al-Qasimi. It was established in 1997. The school aims to become a leading academic institution in the Middle East and around the world. The Kalba campus was inaugurated in 2011 by the president. It consists of academic, scientific, and administrative buildings.
The Dhaid campus was inaugurated in 2015 by the president. It consists of 18 classrooms, 4 lecture rooms and 12 laboratories. In 2011, to cater to the Medical and Health Sciences Campus, the University teaching hospital and the University teaching dentistry hospital were inaugurated.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1997
University Type: Private University
Number of International Students: Less than 14,756
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Hot summers and brief winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: AED 96,140
Eligibility: 60% in 12th PCB
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Sharjah
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Sharjah must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Sharjah
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- The school offers its services in campuses in other regions such as Khor Fakkan, Kulba and Dhaid.
- The school plays a major role in the socio-economic development of Sharjah.
Overview of University of Sharjah
The school offers the largest number of accredited programs in the region. It offers 80 academic degree programs which includes bachelors, masters and PhD degrees. Transportation is provided by a private transportation company that transports students around various destinations.
The university has various colleges which include College of Health Sciences, College of Law, College of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Pharmacy, College of Business Administration, College of Engineering, College of Fine Arts and Design, College of Communication and College of Medicine.
In 2012 a three floored library was opened in the women’s campus. A library was opened in the men’s campus the next year. Both libraries can hold up to one million books. The dean of student affairs, and offices for student clubs and student societies are housed in the two student centers located around the university. Barbershops, restaurants and coffee shops are other facilities available in the student center.
The university offers accommodation facilities to the students with 2 separate dormitories available. The rooms are on single and sharing basis. The dorms have clinics, study halls, computer labs, laundry facilities, Garden areas, TV rooms and reception halls.