University of Szeged was established in 1581. It had well-known professors around Europe for their provision of high-quality education. In 1775, the Faculty of Medicine-surgery was established. Subjects that were taught at that time included surgery, anatomy, and obstetrics. The Faculty of Medicine became independent in 1951 changing its name to the Medical University of Szeged. Later, in 1987, the institution took the name of Albert Szent-Gyorgyi. He was a former biochemistry professor, a Nobel Prize Laureate, a rector, and Dean of the faculty of medicine.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1581
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 4000
Hostel Type: Private Accommodation
Climate: Warm dry summers, cold winters
Yearly Tuition Fee: EUR 6200-15,600
Eligibility: Entrance Exam + Interview
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine, Hungary
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine, Hungary must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine, Hungary
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- It was given the title “Excellency place” by the Hungarian Accreditation Committee in 2006.
- It has International Students Union of Szeged that offers free, independent, confidential advice, and guidance to foreign students.
Cost of Education At University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine, Hungary
Overview of University of Szeged, Faculty of Medicine, Hungary
The Faculty became integrated with University of Szeged in the year 2000. The faculty of pharmacy and the faculty of medicine worked as Albert Szent-Gyorgyi Medical and Pharmaceutical center. In 1985, the English Language program was introduced, and in 1999, a German language was started to cater to foreign students. The medical faculty was accredited in 1996.
The Faculty of medicine partners with other faculties in the University of Sezged such as faculty of dentistry, pharmacy, health sciences, and social studies. It has also partnered with faculties of medicine in the University of Debrecen, University of Pecs and Semmelweis University, Budapest.
It has two semesters in fall and in spring. Teaching is performed under the credit system in modules. Students receive medical care by the university doctors in campus. The library has more than 1.8 million books, manuscripts, periodicals, e-books, and microfilms. 1,38,000 items are related to the medical field. Reading rooms of the library are spread out into four floors holding about 1000 seats. The library also acts as the conference center and holds national and international exhibitions. It has an Alumni association that connects and unites all Alumni and future students.
Freshmen are assisted by the Foreign student’s secretariat to find private accommodation between July and September. This is done free of charge.