The establishment of the university began with the merging of two public institutions; the Mauritius Institute of Public Administration and Management, and the State Information Training Centre. University of Technology is a public research university with its main campus in the district of Moka. The establishment occurred in 2000 after it was approved by the Government of Mauritius. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth universities. It is a member of a network of public universities in the SADC region-Southern African Regional Universities Association. To sustain its expansion, the university is building a new campus in Moka.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 2000
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Less than 4,500
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Warm humid summer and cool dry winter
Yearly Tuition Fee: 6.1 Lakh
Eligibility: IELTS Exam
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in University of Technology, Mauritius
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Technology, Mauritius must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join University of Technology, Mauritius
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- University takes care of students in a friendly manner
- Offers student exchange programs
- Affordable Education as compared to other countries
- It is listed in the International Handbook of universities and in the Commonwealth universities handbook.
- It has a research degree committee that is responsible for research degrees.
Cost of Education At University of Technology, Mauritius
Overview of University of Technology, Mauritius
The school conducts in-training as part of the curriculum in Tourism Management programs. The university offers parttime programs and distance-based programs. Majority of the programs are vocationally or occupationally directed such as software engineering, Tourism Management and Marketing, and Banking and Finance. The courses are run both in the main campus and its satellite centers.
To foster a pool of qualified ICT professionals, the university signed a memorandum of understanding with the Mauritius Information and Technology Industry Association and the National Computer Board. The school has forged links with the Hotel School of Mauritius and Constance Academy to offer tourism courses, and Mauritius Institute of Education to deliver Bachelor in Education degrees.
The schools in the university include School of Innovative Technologies and Engineering, School of Business Management, School of Finance, School of Sustainable Development and Tourism, and School of Health Sciences.
The university has partnerships with companies such as Inter Systems, Microsoft, SAP and Sun Microsystems. The university endeavors to provide quality service to students with the assistance of Student Affairs Department. Additionally, it organizes student activities and events with the help of the Student Union. Other services include guidance and counselling, welfare and coordination of students’ extra-curricular activities.
In campus accommodation is available for students.