University of Zambia is a public university located in Lusaka, Zambia. It is the largest and oldest educational institution in the country. The school was founded in 1965 and it officially opened its doors to the public on July 1966. The medium of instruction in the school is English. The university’s establishment can be traced back to before the Second World War II, when the idea to put up a university in Northern Rhodesia was conceived.
The university is a member of the Association of African Universities, International Association of Universities and Association of Commonwealth Universities. The Great East Road Campus, located along the Great East Road is the school’s main campus.
University Quick View
Established: Founded in 1965
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: Less than 30,000
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Tropical climate
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 8660
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: 31st January, 2021
Eligibility to study MBBS in Zambia at University of Zambia
In Zambia, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at University of Zambia must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join University of Zambia
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- The research center has both the Engineering and Design Institute and the Laboratory for Engineered Human Protection.
- Affordable fee structure
- World-class faculty
- Highly advanced laboratories
- World-renowned university
- Offer students exchange program
- Linked with a national and international organization
Cost of Education at University of Zambia
The schools motto is ‘Service and Excellence’, a guide that has led to its development since its inception. The school has the Ridgeway campus that is located at the University teaching hospital which is located along Lusaka city. The campus houses students pursuing pharmacological and medical courses
The faculties in the university include School of Agricultural Sciences, School of Engineering, School of Education, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Law, School of Mines, School of Medicine, School of Natural Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine and Graduate School of Business.
The research facilities in the university include Institute of Economic and Social Research, University of Zambia Library, and Institute of Distance Education. The university promotes social cultural and recreational activities. The school has a cafeteria on campus and coffee sops, fast foods and steak houses ten minutes from school.
The university provides accommodation for more than 3000 students at the main campus and for 442 students at the Ridgeway campus. The facilities are on a sharing basis of 2 students in each room. The halls of residence are manned 24/7 by hall attendants whose duty is to help students with any immediate residential problems. The university has private apartments that it offers to International students on short term exchange programs. The private rooms are inclusive of a bed, toilet, bathtub and stove.