The university was established in 2017. It is a medical university located in Bridgetown, Barbados. The private university admits qualified students for their MD program thrice in a year in January, May and September. The school is licensed and recognized by the Ministry of Education, Barbados and also chartered by the Government of Barbados. Other organizations that recognize the school include Medical Council of India, World Directory of Medical schools and Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research.
The complete MD program takes five and a half years. The complete program comprises of 3 different phases which include; I Pre-Medical Program or Basic Foundation for Medical Sciences, II Basic Sciences or Pre-Clinical Program, and III Clinical Sciences or Clinical Rotations Program.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 2017
University Type: Private university
Number of International Students: Not Available
Hostel Type: University Hostel
Climate: Tropical climate
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD 6000
Eligibility: NEET Exam
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: 15 September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Victoria University of Barbados
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Victoria University of Barbados must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Victoria University of Barbados
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- Different departments for educating different subjects
- It allows students to become exceptional doctors, serve humanity and build a better world together by offering quality healthcare services to those in need.
- It offers students quality medical education and quality life.
Cost of Education At Victoria University of Barbados
Overview of Victoria University of Barbados
The medium of instruction in the school is English. It is one of the top medical universities in the Caribbean. The school campus offers a range of facilities from modern classrooms to technology equipped laboratories. It also offers managed accommodation and mess facilities that are required for daily student life. The school supports personal growth and development, memorable experiences, friends and connection, nature, fun and the achievement of the ultimate dream of becoming a doctor. The school is in collaboration with Manmohan Memorial Teaching Hospital to facilitate clinical rotation in Nepal for students pursing medical education in Barbados.
The main faculty in the university is the School of Medicine. The faculty members are highly qualified individuals.
The university arranges recreational activities on campus and off campus. This includes outings, physical games, beach visits, surfing and swimming. School facilities include student hostels, library, laboratories, anatomy lab, physics and chemistry lab, microbiology lab and computer lab. Other facilities provided by the university include 24/7 security, air conditioning, and free WIFI. Healthcare assistance is available for students who need it.
The school provides accommodation facilities for the students.