Vitebsk State Medical University was formed on 1st November 1934. At this time, it was a hospital-medical institute. When starting, it had a small number of students. All students from all courses were only 250. Now, the numbers have increased significantly.
The first Rector of the institute was known as MD, Professor Moisei Anisimovich Khazanov. In 1938, the institution’s name was changed from hospital-medical institute to Vitebsk Medical Institute. There was a war going on at the time, and it made the development of the institution difficult. The institute was frequently being evacuated and relocated. It was in 1946 when the institution was moved back to its initial location in Vitebsk.
University at a Glance:
Established: 1st November 1934
University Type: Public
Number of International Students: 7200+
Hostel Type: University hostel
Climate: Mild to cold winters, cool and moist summers
Yearly Tuition Fee: USD$4800
Eligibility: Foreign student to complete Preparatory training course
ECFMG Approval: Not Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Vitebsk State Medical University, Belarus
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Vitebsk State Medical University, Belarus must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Vitebsk State Medical University, Belarus
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- Contains a well-equipped facility that provides necessary resources for theoretical and practical skills
- The staff are highly trained and are competent enough to lecture their students.
- Adequate support from the administration and teaching staff
- It offers courses in both Russian and English languages. Therefore, it reaches a broad scope of students and favors international students.
Cost of Education At Vitebsk State Medical University, Belarus
Overview of Vitebsk State Medical University, Belarus
Vitebsk State Medical University is a renowned university in Belarus. It produces great graduates with good standing in society. From only 250 students when it began, VSMU now boasts of training more than 20,000 students who include physicians and pharmacists. The current Rector of the university is Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Shchastiny Anatoliy Tadeushevich.
VSMU has a branch in DSR Sri Lanka. It also has a student scientific society that caters to students. Additionally, it has a clinic within the university. It is known as the Clinic of Vitebsk State Medical University. This clinic was formed by order of the Ministry of Health of Belarus. It allows students to carry out their practical training. Combined with their theoretical knowledge, it boosts their skills and practical experience.
Those who join and graduate in VSMU end up holding senior positions in the medical field. An indication of the quality education provided by the institution. The curriculum is designed in a manner that ensures students get the most out of their lessons. It involves holding of traditional lectures, participating in seminars, laboratory classes, and practical classes.
The school academic year is divided into two. The first semester is the autumn semester. This semester begins in the month of September and ends in January. The other semester is in the spring semester. It starts in February and ends in July. The school is strict when it comes to academic excellence. Changes such as transfer of disciplines to other semesters are prohibited. Also, one can only move to the next course when they have achieved the required grades.