- January 15, 2019
- Posted by: MBBSDIRECT Editorial
- Categories: MBBS in Russia, Russian University
Yekaterinburg State Medical University, Russia
University at a Glance:
Established on: 10 July 1930
Address: Ulitsa Repina, 3, Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovskaya Oblast’, Russia, 620014
Medium of Study: English
Acknowledged by: Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, MCI
Number of Students: 7,800
Total Students Trained: 36,000
Total Academic Staff: 1,050
Library: 597,000 copies of publications
Food: University Mess Available
Weather: Average Temperature is -14°C (January), +19°C (July); Average Rainfall is 90mm
Nearest Airport: Koltsovo International Airport in Yekaterinburg, Russia
Ural State Medical University (Yekaterinburg State Medical University) was originally designed as Sverdlovsk State Medical Institute which laid the basis for the preparation of highly qualified specialists with higher medical education in the Middle Urals. In 1995, the university was given the status of the Urals State Medical Academy. The university trains health professionals who meet the demands in cities and towns of the Sverdlovsk region, in the territory of the Urals region, and beyond.
The faculties of Yekaterinburg State Medical University include:
- Preventive Medical
- Prevocational Training Centre
- Training and Retraining of Specialists
- Postgraduate Education
Yekaterinburg State Medical University has a proud faculty team including 1 corresponding member of RAMS, over 120 doctors of medical sciences, professors, and 360 associate professors. The management and staff of the Ural State Medical University have achieved the strategic goals of ensuring the quality of higher and postgraduate medical education. In 2010 and 2013, the quality management system for compliance with the requirements of GOST R ISO 9001-2008 was successfully certified in the university.
4 main directions are focused on:
- International cooperation, participation in educational and scientific programs.
- Advanced training and training of faculty abroad.
- Education of foreign citizens in the academy.
- Training of university’s students abroad, student exchange.
General Medicine (MBBS)
Duration: 6 years
The form of Studies: Full-time
Fee Structure for MBBS Course 2019
|Yekaterinburg State Medical University, Russia|
|1st Year||2nd-6th Year (Per Year)|
|Indian Food Charges||$1,300||$1,300|
|Total Yearly Expense||$7,800||$6,100|
|Total Expense in 6 Years in USD||$38,300|
|Total Expense in 6 Years in INR||2,681,000|
Note: Above Fee Structure includes tuition fee, hostel fee, Indian food charges and all other important expenses which need to pay to the university. However, students also need to bear the living cost which will be in between Rs. 6,000 to Rs. 15,000 per month based on their personal lifestyle.
- According to the published data of the USMU (RIA version), it is one of the TOP-100 best universities of the country (in 2013, the university took 77 places). According to the results of the USE of persons admitted to the university in 2013: 16th among medical universities in Russia and 1st in the region.
- Confirmed recognition during the accreditation that the university held between September 2012 and March 2013 at the Agency for Public Quality Control of Education and Career Development (ACCORC).
- High-quality of education in Yekaterinburg State Medical University is confirmed by the decision of the Guild of Experts in the field of vocational education to consider the educational programs of the specialties “Medicine and Dentistry” among the “Best Educational Programs of Innovative Russia” in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- High academic achievements of the university are highlighted by the annual availability of scholarship holders of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation in the university. Graduates of the university are in demand all and their employment is 100%.