Ural State Medical University (Yekaterinburg State Medical University) was originally designed as Sverdlovsk State Medical Institute which laid the basis for the preparation of highly qualified specialists with higher medical education in the Middle Urals. In 1995, the university was given the status of the Urals State Medical Academy. The university trains health professionals who meet the demands in cities and towns of the Sverdlovsk region, in the territory of the Urals region, and beyond.
University Quick View
Established on: 10 July 1930
Address: Ulitsa Repina, 3, Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovskaya Oblast’, Russia, 620014
Medium of Study: English
Acknowledged by: Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, MCI
Number of Students: 7,800
Total Students Trained: 36,000
Total Academic Staff: 1,050
Library: 597,000 copies of publications
Food: University Mess Available
Weather: Average Temperature is -14°C (January), +19°C (July); Average Rainfall is 90mm
Nearest Airport: Koltsovo International Airport in Yekaterinburg, Russia
Eligibility to study MBBS in Russia at Yekaterinburg State Medical University
In Russia, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Yekaterinburg State Medical University must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join Yekaterinburg State Medical University
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
Cost of Education at Yekaterinburg State Medical University
The faculties of Yekaterinburg State Medical University include:
- Preventive Medical
- Prevocational Training Centre
- Training and Retraining of Specialists
- Postgraduate Education
Yekaterinburg State Medical University has a proud faculty team including 1 corresponding member of RAMS, over 120 doctors of medical sciences, professors, and 360 associate professors. The management and staff of the Ural State Medical University have achieved the strategic goals of ensuring the quality of higher and postgraduate medical education. In 2010 and 2013, the quality management system for compliance with the requirements of GOST R ISO 9001-2008 was successfully certified in the university.
4 main directions are focused on:
- International cooperation, participation in educational and scientific programs.
- Advanced training and training of faculty abroad.
- Education of foreign citizens in the academy.
- Training of university’s students abroad, student exchange.
General Medicine (MBBS)
Duration: 6 years
The form of Studies: Full-time
- According to the published data of the USMU (RIA version), it is one of the TOP-100 best universities of the country (in 2013, the university took 77 places). According to the results of the USE of persons admitted to the university in 2013: 16th among medical universities in Russia and 1st in the region.
- Confirmed recognition during the accreditation that the university held between September 2012 and March 2013 at the Agency for Public Quality Control of Education and Career Development (ACCORC).
- High-quality of education in Yekaterinburg State Medical University is confirmed by the decision of the Guild of Experts in the field of vocational education to consider the educational programs of the specialties “Medicine and Dentistry” among the “Best Educational Programs of Innovative Russia” in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- High academic achievements of the university are highlighted by the annual availability of scholarship holders of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation in the university. Graduates of the university are in demand all and their employment is 100%.