Zagazig University, Egypt is a global university for higher medical education. It is located in Zagazig, Sharqi. The university was established as a branch of Ain Shams university, but after some time, it became an independent university.
University at a Glance:
Established: Founded in 1970
University Type: Public University
Number of International Students: 1843
Hostel Type: No hostel
Climate: Dry and Hot
Yearly Tuition Fee: Not Available (Tuition Fee/ Semester), $285-504/Month (Hostel fee)
Eligibility: 10+2 with at least 50% in PCB + Medical Certificate
ECFMG Approval: Approved
Last Date to Apply: September
Eligibility to study MBBS in Zagazig University, Egypt
MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Zagazig University, Egypt must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to join Zagazig University, Egypt
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Affordable fee structure
- Friendly and secure campus
- Medical labs for enhancing the necessary skills and excellence
- Offers scholarships and financial aid to its students.
- Autonomous center of Hand Surgery and Microsurgery.
- Center for development of leadership capabilities.
- World-class faculty.
- Links with international organizations.
- Digital platform for students’ queries.
- Separate committee and area for recreational activities.
- Student council to participate in community services.
Overview of Zagazig University, Egypt
Zagazig University is a renowned regional and international university for medical education, and offers several courses. The university is recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education of Egypt. The university ranked 1009 internationally, 32 in Africa, and 8 nationally. The university has 148243 undergraduate students, and 7432 graduate students. Zagzig university has more than 7700 highly professional and skilled teachers.
The university has several faculties including the Faculty of internal medicine, Faculty of Microbiology, Faculty of Pediatrics, Faculty of General Surgery, Faculty of Cardiology, Faculty of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Orthopedics, and many more. The university has an independent central library for students and faculty practices. Other than this, the university has an emergency hospital, University hospital, and Student hospital established by The General Directorate of Medical Affairs.
The university work towards providing pioneer education and outstanding research knowledge to the students. The university conducts international conferences on medical science. The university Student hospital offers medical clinics for medical practices. The university gives access to a global database, central library, digital library, and message library to students. These are the perfect gateway to get the information relevant to medical researches.
The Zangazig university does not have its dormitories. However, Egypt is a well-known location for comfortable private hostels. Students can get an independent and shared room at an affordable price. All the hostels have facilities like a sports club, Jogging track, mess, TV area, and a shared kitchen. Most of the hostels are situated near the university, and have 24*7 internet access through Wi-Fi.