One of the gems situated in the Russian Far East stands out as an absolute testimony to the Russian spirit, the world-renowned – Far Eastern Federal University. A proud heritage, bearing the torch as the only & foremost classical higher educational institute in the Far East country, along with a modern investigative knack, this is a combination celebrated in the world of education.
No wonder then the Far Eastern Federal University is one of the primary choices of the Russian Ministry of Education & Science to represent the Russian nation in its continual endeavor towards international competitiveness via the 5top100 Project.
This is a world-class university we’re talking about ranked in the top 100 Universities of the Quacquarelli Symonds Emerging Europe & Central Asia and Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings. It has hosted the first Eastern Economic Forum (EEF), housing the Far Eastern Federal University Medical Center, the best medical center in the Russian Far East, and was presented the symbolic key by none other than the Russian President, Vladimir Putin.
FEFU is a coveted destination for all Indian students who want to study MBBS in Russia
Far Eastern Federal University: Overview
Founded in 1899
Number of International Students
Yearly Tuition Fee
5000 USD (Tuition Fee/ Semester) + 700 USD (Hostel fee/ month)
50% in 10+2(PCB) with NEET Qualification Status
Far Eastern Federal University World Ranking [updated]
FEFU has been consistently ranked among the top universities in Russia and the world. Following is the world and country rank of FEFU
|University||Ranking (Country)||Ranking (World)|
|Far Eastern Federal University||18th||1506|
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Far Eastern Federal University, Russia
Medical Fitness Certificate
HIV -ve Report
RT-PCR Report &
Full body checkup.
Candidates must qualify NEET exam if they wish to practice in India as a doctor.
MBBS without NEET is possible in some countries but can’t practice in India.
Minimum 50% marks in 12th from a recognized board of India.
Minimum Age Required
The student should be of the age of 17 on December 31.
There is no upper age limit to apply for MBBS abroad.
MBBS Fee Structure of Far Eastern Federal University 2023-24
The cost of MBBS in Russia in Far Eastern Federal University is very affordable as compare to Indian Private Universities. The below is the information regarding the fee structure,
|Particulars||Year 1||Year 2-6|
|Hostel Fees||$533||$533 |
|Mess Fees||$ 1,200||Optional |
|Total Fees in Rs||₹5,07,453.35*||₹4,10,795.57* |
The fee package includes Tuition, Hostel charges, medical insurance, remuneration to the center, coaching fees, airport transportation facilities, telecommunication charges, study material in English, documentation, translators, and other miscellaneous services.
The Far Eastern federal university MBBS fees vary from year to year. To know the latest updated fees please contact our WhatsApp number
Request a Call Back for FREE Guidance!
MBBS Course overview at Far Eastern Federal University, Russia
6 Years (English Medium)
7 Years (Russian Medium)
Ulitsa Sukhanova, 8, Vladivostok, Primorsky Krai, Russia, 690091
Medium of teaching
Approved by NMC & WHO
Avg. Cost of Living (per month)
Rs. 9,000 – Rs. 12,000
Avg. Tuition Fees (complete)
Rs. 25,61,431.17 (approximation)
Syllabus of MBBS at Far Eastern Federal University
|1st Year||1st Sem||Anatomy|
|2nd Sem||History and Anatomy|
|2nd year||3rd-Sem||Biochemistry, Histology, Psychology & Pedagogy, Microbiology, Cell Biology, General Pathology|
|4th-Sem||Micro-Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology |
|3rd year||5th-Sem||Pharmacology, Pathology, Micro-Biology, Pharmacology, Path physiology |
|6th-Sem||Path Physiology, Pathology, Genetics and principles of clinical medicine |
|4th-6th year||7th-12th Sem||Pediatrics, Oncology, Neurology, Psychology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Emergency Medicine, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Primary Care Medicine, ENT, Neurology, Psychiatry, Cardiology|
Why Study MBBS at Far Eastern Federal University, Russia
Studying MBBS in Russia at Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) is a smart choice for coming medical students. It is one of the top universities in the country, and it offers a world-class education in a highly stimulating and friendly-environment.
- FEFU offers a number of courses and programs related to MBBS that are tailored to meet the needs of a variety of students.
- The university has an excellent reputation for providing a comprehensive education that covers the fundamentals of medicine and prepares students for a successful career
- The faculty at FEFU is also highly experienced and knowledgeable, and they are dedicated to helping students achieve success.
- the university provides a wide range of financial aid options, including scholarships and grants, to help those with financial need
- FEFU also provides a number of extracurricular activities to help students relax and have a good time.
- These activities include sports, clubs, and other social events. This makes it easy for students to meet other people, network, and make new friends while studying MBBS in Russia.
These facts alone make Far Eastern Federal University an attractive destination for medical students looking to receive a top-qualitative education.
Advantages of Studying at the Far Eastern Federal University, Russia:
The advantages of studying at the Far Eastern Federal University (FEFU) are numerous.
- It offers a wide range of academic programs that are Internationally recognized by WHO and NMC.
- Students can choose from a variety of subjects such as physics, chemistry, biology, etc.
- FEFU also has a large number of research centers and laboratories which can help students for their practical learning and exposure
- It provides students with access to world-class faculty members who are experts in their specific fields
- It also provides students with many opportunities for extracurricular activities
- During clinical rotations, students receive extensive practical instruction.
- Far Eastern Federal University provides students with a supportive environment that encourages their academic success.
These facts about Far Eastern Federal University make it an excellent institution to pursue an education
Admission Requirement in Far Eastern Federal University, Russia
The admission process at FEFU is highly competitive and selective. as follows:
Required Documents for MBBS at Far Eastern Federal University, Russia
Reasons to Join Far Eastern Federal University, Russia
1. 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
2. Binding books and photocopy amenities
3. Sports arena and playground
4. Comfy library amenities
5. Transportation and Medical Amenities
6. 100% Tight Security
7. Canteen provisions
8. Advanced labs
9. Affiliated medical centres
10. Recreational area
College Life at Far Eastern Federal University, Russia
If there is one phrase that describes life at the Far Eastern Federal University, it is “simply a dream come true!” A University adoring the eastern coastline with soothing undulating waves of the ocean to accompany you!
It’s about time you gaze at the blue sky and the shining waters from the comfortable fully furnished dormitories all under the protective umbrella of an uncompromised electronic access card system for a safe, sound, and user-friendly stay.
- With its internationally acclaimed faculty, the University is an excellent example of diverse ethnic backgrounds all dovetailed together in harmony, tolerance, and companionship with just the right zest for intellectual competitiveness.
- No less than 129 ethnicities illuminate not only the Primorsky territory but also the University Campus, so you’ll never fall short of either friends, philosophers, or guides!
Culture is vibrant with a groovy dance club catering to Indians, a trendy Korean drum club, and martial arts lessons through the nimble techniques of taekwondo, capoeira, boxing, or karate, the University is littered with creative ventures from place to place.
Whether you want to dive in and cool off in pools, try your hand at tennis, jestingly punch some volleyballs in your friend’s face, or score some slam dunks in basketball, the University has got it all!
It also has the largest chess club in the entire region, and an enormous Pushkin Theater to showcase the variegated culture, yes, the University is certainly a cultural epicenter.
It’s an educative festival all days throughout the year!
Far Eastern Federal University, Russia holds out not less than 2000+ staff members, international faculties, associate professors, as well as professors. This university gives its students the entire medical education they ought to get in both English Language and Russian.
This Russian university is recognized and accredited by the World Health Organization i.e., WHO and MSHE of the Russian Federation. Additionally, it is approved by the Medical Council of India, i.e., MCI. This institution offers a large assortment of opportunities to the scholars enrolled in the university.
More About the FEFU University, Russia
Stretched out over 34,255 square meters with a total of 105 laboratories, and plentiful 661 rooms for its students, the university is definitely no lacklustre when it comes to peak infrastructure. It is adequately organized into 3 major schools namely the School of Natural Science, the School of Engineering and the School of Biomedicine.
It is a Federal Internationally Accredited Government University with over 41,000 students, 1935 staff members, 115 departments, 240+ international partners including the United Nations, UNESCO and one of the best overall ranks in all categories as a stellar conglomeration of scientific education. The exhaustive collation of its tall ranks can be viewed here: https://www.dvfu.ru/en/about/fefu-ranking-/
Faculties at Far Eastern Federal University, Russia
Faculty at the Far Eastern Federal University is well accorded and encompasses a wide spectrum of notable figures. Igor Pushkarev – Politician and former senator and the Mayor of Vladivostok since 2008 is an ex-alumnus of the University!
Headed by Boris N. Korobets with 291 Professors, 894 Associate Professors, 293 Doctors of Science 934 Candidates of Science, and 160 International faculty members, this is simply a show stopper!
The expertly skilled staff at the FEFU Medical Center caters to not only localized patients but also the entire region, and hence unsurprisingly they have been invited to various parts of Russia and also other nations.
Facilities at Far Eastern Federal University, Russia
1. Medical – When the best medical centre is within your grasp then where does it leave any room for looking elsewhere? 200 plus specialized doctors are ready to treat and nurse patients all the time. It is spread across over 53,000 square meters and uses the latest in tech from reputed brands such as Siemens, Philips and others to effectively diagnose and rehabilitate international and local students.
The FEFU Medical Center also works together with the FEFU School of Biomedicine and Pacific State Medical University to bring out cutting-edge medical technologies and groom future experts in the field of medicine.
2. Library – Everything about the University has its roots strongly lodged in history. Along with the University, the library was installed back in 1899 and is full of one-of-a-kind collections thanks to generous archives by academicians such as M.N.Tikomirov. A couple of million copies at the very least are in store for the students to leaf through in English, French, Russian, German, Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Czech, Spanish and multitudes of other languages ranging from medieval to contemporary times.
3. Creative Ventures – 22 clubs to hone not only your professional skills but also to imbibe worldly knowledge. There are choirs, singers, bands, dance groups of both folk and contemporary styles, drummers and even jaw-dropping circus performers! Some of the notable ones are famous not only locally but the entire Eastern side of Russia, namely the ballroom dance company “Bravissimo” and the “Talisman Band”.
4. Dorms – In-house dormitories are accessible both to Russian and International aspirants and are just a leisurely walk away from the main access points of the University such as the educational buildings. The rooms can be shared among two and have a complete array of kitchenware, laundry and separate bathrooms.
5. To ensure a comfortable stay the bedding is shared proactively upon entry and maintained on a weekly basis. There’s a refrigerator to store any food items, and pairs of separate beds, study tables, chairs, bookshelves, extra shelves, and conveniently designed wardrobes are placed for the duo of students.
There are also two-room suites for three occupants and two-room suites for four occupants as well.
6. Laboratories – The University has its own Institute of Mathematics and Computer Technologies and various other Institutes each with separate lab systems of their own. The equipment is all state of the art and attunes the students with an environment at par with any leading educational Institute.
7. Sports – Shake a leg with dance classes, pump some iron at the local gym, or how about a boxing match? Yes, you name it and the University has got it! It is well known that holistic health includes nourishment of both physical and mental faculties. There are several sporty centres, twenty-five meters wide pools, and complexes dealing with the health & fitness of the occupants. And all this is outshined by a large 2000 seating capacity stadium right next to the coastal embankment.
8. Cafeteria – Leaving no stone unturned the University has over 11 canteens and cafes catering delicacies of both local and international kinds. There’s even an in-house Subway café!
9. Other services – Beauty parlours, salons, and hairdressers are there to give you a makeover and bring out the best style that suits your needs! Several copy centres shall assist you to keep pace with your studies, and if you ever need to vend copies then look no further because there’s even a self-service copier at your disposal.
10. If you feel like exploring the latest in tech, then you may visit the Digital Store and Service Center or the Rainbow parlour with a beautiful array of the latest in vogue!
Why MBBS in Russia?
Russia has long been a hub for medical education and the universities in the country boast of a long history in this field. The universities in Russia offer a wide range of courses, from general medicine to specialized fields like cardiology, neurology, psychiatry, and oncology.
The universities also offer a number of clinical internships and research opportunities, which provide students with the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience.
Preferred MBBS Destination For MBBS Students
The MBBS program offered by FEFU is designed in such a way that it provides students with a holistic approach to medical education.
The curriculum is designed to maximize the student’s learning experience and give them a comprehensive understanding of the medical field.
The curriculum includes a wide range of topics such as anatomy, pathology, pharmacology, physiology, biochemistry, and clinical medicine.
The program also covers aspects such as ethics, medical law, and medical research.