About Samarkand State Medical University
- Samarkand State medical University is located in Samarkand City in Central.
- Eyeing to travel abroad to get your medical degree? Study at Samarkand State Medical University and we have got you all the reasons to make this your only choice.
- Samarkand State Medical University (SSMU) was founded in the year 1930 and is one of the leading medical educational University not only in Uzbekistan but also in the whole Central Asian region.
- The university is known for its progressive approach to learning and education for the betterment of the students.
The Samarkand State Medical University also popularly known as Samarkand State Medical University for MBBS in Uzbekistan.
The University provides education loans, which contribute to the Samarkand State Medical Universities fee schedule.
To ensure quality teaching and research, teaching halls, classes, and education and clinical labs are outfitted with the most recent video recording, audio equipment and multimedia projectors,.
A distance learning programme is also in place.
A skilled and knowledgeable staff is there to assist students at all the times.
With the growing time, the University is continuously evolving and improving, students who wants to pursue MBBS to learn and grow in medicine will find it one of the most preferable educational destinations in recent years.
Samarkand State Medical University: Overview
|Number of International Students
|Less than 4967
|Hot summers and cold winters
|60% in PCB with Qualified NEET Exam
|Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS)
|5 years plus a year of Internship
|Medium of teaching
Samarkand State Medical University Ranking
|Samarkand State Medical University Country's Ranking
|Samarkand State Medical University World's Ranking
Why Study MBBS at Samarkand State Medical University?
1. Samarkand, Uzbekistan, is well-known for its rich cultural heritage.
2. Tuition fees are low when compared to other universities around the world.
3. The locals who live here are pleasant and helpful.
4. Students in the country are safe because the reported crime rate is very low and crimes occur infrequently.
5. There is no religious, gender, or creed discrimination.
6. As the infrastructure is well maintained and the universities use cutting-edge technologies to teach the students, they are academically strong.
7. English is the language of instruction at nearly all of the country’s universities.
8. Obtaining a visa is simple, and there are a few obstacles to overcome.
Recognition of Samarkand State Medical University
- It trains medical professionals of the finest quality. It is undoubtedly a truly outstanding option for foreign medical students interested in pursuing an MBBS course, as it is the biggest University among Uzbekistan’s NMC-approved universities.
- Samarkand State Medical University is recognized by several international medical bodies and organizations, including the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Advantages of Studying at the Samarkand State Medical University?
- Uzbekistan, including Samarkand, is known for its relatively lower cost of living and education.
- Samarkand, being one of the oldest and culturally rich cities in Central Asia, offers a unique historical and cultural backdrop to students.
- Medical universities often emphasize practical training and clinical exposure, preparing students for real-world medical scenarios.
- The university likely has experienced and qualified faculty members who contribute to the quality of medical education.
- Some universities in Uzbekistan may offer scholarships for international students based on academic merit or financial need.
- Studying in Uzbekistan exposes students to a diverse cultural environment, providing a unique and enriching experience.
Details of Medicine Program at Samarkand State Medical University
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
|Duration of Course
|5 years + 1-year internship
|Medium of Teaching
Faculties at Samarkand State Medical Institute
The university has several faculties, including the Medical Faculty, which was founded in 1930, the Faculty of Pediatric, which was founded in 1963, Advanced Training faculty and Retraining of Doctors, which was founded in 1981, the Pedagogy of Medical, which was founded in 2005, the Higher Nursing Work, which was founded in 2005, and the Pharmacy faculty, which was founded in 2018.
Faculty of General Medicine: This is the primary faculty for MBBS programs and covers the foundational aspects of medical education.
Faculty of Pediatrics: Focuses on the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents.
Faculty of Dentistry: Offers education in dental sciences and oral health.
Faculty of Pharmacy: Provides education in pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacy practices.
Faculty of Nursing: Covers nursing education and healthcare practices.
Faculty of Public Health: Focuses on community health, preventive medicine, and public health management.
Faculty of Postgraduate Studies: Offers advanced education for medical professionals seeking specialization.
Request a Call Back
Samarkand State Medical University Fees Structure of MBBS 2024-25
|Hostel fees INR
|Rs. 57,000 (Approx)
|Rs. 57,000 (Approx)
|Total Fees INR
|Rs. 3,44,000 (Approx)
|Rs. 3,44,000 (Approx)
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Samarkand State Medical University
Medical Fitness Certificate
HIV -ve Report
RT-PCR Report &
Full body checkup.
Candidates must qualify NEET exam if they wish to practice in India as a doctor.
MBBS without NEET is possible in some countries but can’t practice in India.
Minimum 50% marks in 12th from a recognized board of India.
Minimum Age Required
The student should be of the age of 17 on December 31.
There is no upper age limit to apply for MBBS abroad.
Documents Required for MBBS at Samarkand State Medical University
The following documents must be submitted by Indian students.
1. Original passport scanned copy
2. Copy of 10+2 mark sheets scanned
3. Application form scanned copy NEET report card scanned copy
4. Certificate of Birth
5. Certificate of Medical Fitness
6. Photographs in passport size
7. Financial statements
The Admissions Process at Samarkand State Medical University
Step 1: Complete the online application form provided by the Samarkand State Medical University website for your desired MBBS course that the university offers.
Step 2: Take a prinout of the form and sign to send a copy to the University along with the documents required listed above.
Step 3: Send the copies of the documents via email and mention the subject as ‘Application For Admission.
Step 4: The documents will be approved before the Samarkand State Medical University application deadline.
Step 5: Once the University officials have verified the documents, the applicant will be given a letter in which it will be stated whether the admission is given or not.
Step 6: If the applicant is given admission then they have to pay the fees.
Step 7: If the applicant is accepted, they should apply for a student visa to Uzbekistan right away.
For more information please refer: https://www.sammu.uz/en/Un
Syllabus of MBBS at Samarkand State Medical University
The SSMU offers a six year MBBS programme. The syllabus is taught by well-skilled and experienced teachers.
Students at the medical University are given both classroom and practical training to make them even more skilled and industry ready. The subjects in each year have been placed in a way that it covers almost every area of interest under the medical degree.
Here is the list of subjects that the student will have to study each year to finally obtain the MBBS degree after 6 years. Take a look!
|Human Anatomy, General Psychology, Elective Courses, Bioorganic Chemistry, Internal Medicine, Cytology
|Histology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Patient Care, and psychology
|ENT, Embryology, Radiology, Forensic Medicine, Medical Chemistry
|Pharmacology, Surgery, Allied Subjects, Community Medicine
|Infectious Disease, Ophthalmology, Gynecology & Obstetrics etc.
|It is based on an Internship under the guidance of a Senior Doctor in Private or Government Hospitals.
Request a Call Back
Cost of Living in Samarkand State Medical Institute:
|Average cost INR
|Total Living Cost
What’s the day-to-day life at the campus like?
- The campus life at Samarkand State Medical University is cheerful and knowledgeable at the same time as there’s a lot in store for the students.
- There is a scientific society for the students at the university. It has a library with over 300,000 publications and an information resource center.
- The subjects in all the 6 years differs from one another.
Facilities At Samarkand State Medical Institute
Admission to SSMU provides students with facilities that go beyond academic requirements:
1. Students are provided with the best of accommodation in form of a campus hostel. Apart from the students, the doctors finishing advanced training get the best living conditions possible. Each floor has 12 television sets for cultural entertainment, and all rooms have furniture pieces.
2. There are laundry facilities at the hostel. Internet access is available in hostel rooms 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The kitchen, which is equipped with refrigerators and gas stoves, will be used by international students to prepare their meals.
3. There is a gym with all of the necessary amenities for students. The hostel system is extremely secure 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The hostel scheme includes a communal kitchen, washrooms, pc space, and study areas.
4. The “Spirituality and Enlightenment” room for the students consist of high tec visual tools, special chairs and room carpets to create a peaceful environment.
5. The educational literature section of the library has approximately 3000 books.
6. There are computer groups and classes, each with 24 computers of the latest model.
7. Several youth clubs hold round-table discussions and meetings to keep students informed and motivated all through the year.
Why MBBS in Russia?
- Russian medical universities are known for their rigorous academic programs, experienced faculty, and advanced infrastructure, ensuring a high standard of medical education.
- Many Russian medical universities offer MBBS programs in English.
- Russian medical universities provide extensive clinical exposure, ensuring that students gain practical experience and are well-prepared for their future medical careers.
- Russian universities emphasize research, providing students with opportunities to engage in medical research and contribute to advancements in the field.
- Studying in Russia allows students to build international networks, connecting with peers and professionals from various countries and backgrounds.
Our Assistance for MBBS Admission in Samarkand State Medical University
- Your dream of achieving a medical degree outside India is no longer a dream. Get yourself enrolled at Samarkand State Medical University with our help and see yourself getting even more closer to your goal.
- We, MBBSDIRECT, are international studies consultants who have helped many students with their immigration applications.
- We can help you achieve your goals through overseas education. In addition, we are in charge of all significant and minor procedures such as resume evaluation, university selecting, application preparation, admissions availability, and visa procedures, among other things.
- Because of our systematic working style, we can be one of the pioneers in effective overseas education. You’ll be capable of moving forward in the right direction with our support and guidance.
More Universities in Uzbekistan
1) English medium course, NMC and ECFMGE approved
2) 80 seats for Indian students
3) Near to India
4) High quality education
5) Situated in Tashkent, a capital of Uzbekistan
Tuition Fees: USD 4500/Year
Accommodation Fees: USD 500/Year
1) High medical exposure because of the medical clinics within the campus.
2) Low-cost university with a high standard of education.
3) 500+ International students
4) NMC and ECFMGE approved.
5) Situated in an in-expensive city, Fergana, Uzbekistan
Tuition Fees: USD 3500/Year
Accommodation Fees: USD 650/Year