|Altai State Medical University, Russia|
|University at a Glance|
|Duration of Course||6 Years|
|Average Tuition Fee||2.6 Lakh/ Year|
|Total Expense of Education||20-22 Lakh for 6 Years|
|Total Number of Foreign Students||8000|
|Total Number of Indian Students||340|
|Weather||-15 Average Temperature in Winter & +20 Average Temperature in Summer|
|Nearest Airport||Barnaul Airport|
|Indian Food in University Mess||Yes|
|Hostel Type||3/4 Person Sharing Based|
Altai State Medical University Fee Structure for MBBS 2018
|Altai State Medical University, Russia|
|No. of International Students||8000|
|No. of Teaching Staff||480|
|Total Fees in USD||$30,700|
|Total Expense for 6 year||Rs. 19,95,000/-|
This above fee structure include tution fees and hostel fee, if students want to join Indian mess, he has to pay $120 monthly for the Indian food.
It was in 1975 that this institution added a pharmaceutical leg to it. This faculty has been growing ever since. Dental faculty was added in 1990 and further in 20002, the university dental clinic was established. Most advanced dental technologies have been developed since then.Established by the Russian Federation, this university has over 60 departments and seven faculties and is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. It is a state-financed organization built in accordance with the applicable Laws of the Russian Federation. The first lot of doctors graduated in 1960 from Altai State Medical University.Altai State Medical University is a state university in Barnaul, Russia which was founded in 1954. Barnaul happens to be the administrative centre of Altai Krai situated along the Ob River in the West Siberian Plain.
The Centre of Continuing Education was opened in 1993 with own system of certification of medical specialists.
Being one of the top medical universities in Russian federation, Altai University offers quality education, great atmosphere to develop your interpersonal skills and an overall great learning environment. It is one of the major hubs for research, education and cultural exchange. International community in the university shares their social heritage with each other and hence adopts each other’s culture.
This university provides a great opportunity for the students to do innovative research for the better future. Altai University has more than 35 research laboratories where students can do innovative experiments and research.
More than 3000 students complete their graduation each year from Altai State Medical University. It is one of the biggest universities in Asia in terms of total number of students (Approximate 13,000). Altai State Medical University is a part of some of the major influential organizations of the world e.g., Shanghai Co-operation Organization (SCO), Eurasian Universities Association (EUA), Asian Universities Association (AUA), International Association of Continuing Education (IACE), Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN) and many more.
Altai State Medical University is located in Barnaul, the capital of Altai Krai. Altai Krai is a Russian state in the south east of Russia. It is 3000km away from Moscow, the capital of Russia. Altai region has extensive amount of natural resources as water, food, fertile land and green forest. It is a huge source of natural resources as well. It has more than 30 flora and fauna sanctuaries. Altai state is proudly known as high environmental rating, growing trade and economical activities, mechanical engineering and fast growing tourism industry.
A modern University is a center of talented students and academic staff, an effective system for applicants’ acquisition and pre-university training, academic mobility, partnerships, state and own resources, and a management team, which keeps up the traditions and understands necessity of well-timed changes.
For sixty years the Altai State Medical University has been a supply of qualified specialist engine for regional healthcare system. 25 thousand doctors and pharmaceutics have graduated from the Altai State Medical University. 90% of doctors and pharmaceutists in the Altai region are the ASMU alumni.
Two corresponding members of the Russian Academy of Sciences, more than 130 doctors of science and 350 PhD train qualified doctors not only for ambulant stations but also for specialized medical centers and Federal Centers for High-Technology Medical Care.
In Altai State Medical University, there are about 4000 students, 1000 internship doctors, 300 residents and 100 postgraduate students in six faculties (general medicine, pediatrics, pharmacy, stomatology, public health, higher nursing education). In the doctors improvement faculty the university trains and retrains actively healthcare personnel of the Altai region and neighboring regions, countries near and far abroad.
From Institute to University
It was in 1994 that Altai State Medical Institute was rechristened to Altai State Medical University. In 2001, the University opened medical-prophylactic faculty and in 2004, the Faculty of Higher Nursing Education was founded.
The University has trained over 20000 graduates till now. Academic staff of the University comprises more than 100 doctors and 350 candidates of science, 3 corresponding members, 5 honoured Scientists of Russia, 25 distinguished physicians Russia and 10 honoured workers of the Graduate School.
Faculties of the University
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Hospital Surgery Department
- Department of Hospital and Outpatient Therapy
- Department of Clinical Pharmacology
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Normal Human Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Oncology
- Department of Pathology with the sectional course
- Department of Internal Medicine Propaedeutics
- Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics
- Department of Urology and Nephrology
- Department of Therapy
Life at Altai State Medical University
Students at this university are given the freedom to explore their area of interests. They are offered a wide variety of interests for them to join. They can attend the activities and realize their creative potential. These extra-curricular fields in the University are coordinated by the Department of the Educational and Extracurricular Activities.
Altai State Medical University’s students are allowed the space to realise their potential. They can offer themselves as monitors of students groups, organizers of sports or cultural events. Apart from this, candidates can initiate sports activities, cultural events and combined group activities, and not just the holidays celebrations.
This way, the Department of Educational and Extracurricular activities gives students the platform to convey ideas, be a part of interest groups or mingle with students of other nationalities to have a leisure time. It is yet another medium to bring out hidden talents of students.
There is a students’ club too where students may volunteer to display their creative potential and skills, and also get updated about upcoming concerts, competitions and festivals happening at the university.
Not just these, there are drawing, writing, photography clubs as well at the Altai State University. Additionally, sports events too are organized by the sports club.
To be precise, Altai State Medical University provides several academic and non-academic facilities to students including a library as well as administrative services.Today, Altai State Medical University is one of the leading higher medical educational institutions of Western Siberia that carries all the high end medical specialties.
Department of General Medicine in Altai State Medical University, Russia
The Department of general medicine founded 1954 is the largest among all universities faculties in the Altai region and one of the largest among medical universities faculties in the Russian Federation. More than 2000 students are studying general medicine. The department alumni pursue professional activities at healthcare institutions of different types of incorporation, health authorities, professional educational institutions, research and social welfare institutions.
Barnaul and It’s Weather (Altai State Medical University is located in Barnaul)
Barnaul is a city and the administrative centre of Altai Krai, Russia. It is based at the confluence of the Barnaulka River and the Ob River in the West Siberian Plain. As calculated at the end of year 2015, the city had a population of above 700,000 people. It made it the 21st largest city in Russia. As of date, the population of the Barnaul metropolitan area is estimated to be more than 1.14 million.
As far as the climate of Barnaul is concerned, it is sharply continental and significant weather contrasts are observed in the city. Winters are usually snowy but cold enough. Summers are often warm and the coldest month is January. The city is frozen during this period and the average temperature is 17.5 degrees below zero. And the warmest month happens to be July. The average monthly temperature is +19.9 degrees Celsius. The average annual temperature goes to the level of +2.3 degrees Celsius.The humid continental climate of Barnaul is defined by its geographical position at the southern end of the Siberian steppe.
The climate here is comparatively dry and the average precipitation in the area is 433 millimetres, that is 17 inches per year, 75% of which occurs when the city faces warmer season.
Barnaul, Russia is inside the magnificent continent of Europe. The best time to visit Barnaul is usually when the temperature is between 20 degrees Celsius and 30degrees Celsius on an average. This comfortable weather is in July.
Other great months to visit Barnaul are May, June, August and September. These months are a little cooler and the temperature varies between 10degrees Celsius and 20degrees Celsius. April and October months are really cold and offer a pleasant environment. Fairly cool months with average temperatures between 0degrees Celsius and 10 degrees Celsius. This just calls for carrying your thermals in case you are planning to pay this place a visit during thing these months.
To sum up:
- Freezing months: 5 (0°C / 32.0°F and below)
- Cold months: 2 (0°C / 32.0°F to 10°C / 50.0°F)
- Cool months: 4 (10°C / 50.0°F to 20°C / 68.0°F)
- Warm months: 1 (20°C / 68.0°F to 30°C / 86.0°F)
- Hot months: 0 (30°C / 86.0°F to 40°C / 104.0°F)
- Boiling months: 0 (40°C / 104.0°F and above)
This climate zone covers from about 44°N to 50°N latitude mostly east of the 100th meridian in North America. In Europe this temperature type reaches its most northerly latitude at nearly 61° N. Those areas that witness this type of the continental climate have an average temperature in the warmest month, which goes below 22degrees Celsius. When the summers are at its high, temperatures in this zone goes between 21-28degrees Celsius during the daytime.
Highest and Lowest temperature
The highest recorded temperature in Barnaul is 36.1 degrees Celsius. It was taken into account in the month of June. The lowest recorded temperature in Barnaul is -43.9 degrees Celsius, which was recorded in December.
FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT ALTAI STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, RUSSIA
- What are the eligibility criteria for the admission in an undergraduate medical course?
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with physics, chemistry Biology and English from an recognized educational establishment with min marks of 50% in physics, Chemistry & Biology in aggregate (GEN) and 40% for (SC/ST).
- Is the screening test under MCI must after completion of course abroad?
- Yes. As per the “Screening Test Regulations-200 of MCI, dated 13-02-2002,”An Indian citizen possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical council of India or any State Medical Council on or after 15.03.2002 shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority for that purpose as per the provisions of section 13 of the Act.
- Degrees from which Medical Institutions abroad are recognized by MCI?
- As per MCI Press Note date March 15, 2002 – “If citizen of India go to abroad to study the medicine courses, he must study in a institute which is recognized by WHO and UNESCO. The degree from those medical colleges will be valid in India after passing the MCI screening test if student wish to return India and want to practice in India.
- What is the medium of study in the university?
- Medium of study for international students will be English for the entire 6 year course.
- Is it necessary to Learn Russian Language?
- Your medium of study will be English but you will live there so to communicate with the local people learning Russian language is good. Many students start speaking Russian after 6-7 months when they live in Russia.
- How are the fees to be paid & can the fee be subject to any change during the course of studies?
- Fee is to be transferred to the university account directly.
- Are the students provided with the hostel accommodation? What are the other facilities provided?
- Foreign students are accommodated in the foreign students’ hostel, with a separate floor for girl students. Hostels are equipped with the bath, toilets and kitchen with running hot and cold water and other necessary facilities. Hostels are centrally heated in winter.
- What is the duration of medical course & what is the degree awarded?
- Russia has already transformed its education system to international standard. Degree awarded is Bachelors degree in Medicine – MD (equivalent to MBBS 6 Years).
- What is the average amount needed for the monthly living expenses?
- The amount needed for living expenses is always varying from individual to individual, however the average living cost can be calculated @ $80/month.
- Is it possible to open a bank account in Russia?
- Yes. Students can open a bank account in a local bank after the admission in the university.
- What are the facilities available for the student in case he falls sick?
- Medical checkup of the student is a formal and compulsory routine before the start of every academic year. A doctor is always available in the health care point of the hostel for free consultation. In case of emergency doctor with the ambulance can be called free of cost, anytime.
- How much expenses a student has to bear for book and other reading material/year?
- Academic books are provided to the students, free of cost. Additionally they can issue study material from the library that is also free of cost. Students can also use internet for the study purpose. Internet facility in the hostel is also free of cost.
- Can the student’s parents/guardians visit their children?
- Yes. Student can get the necessary documents to support the visa process for their parents. Parents are always welcome to visit university.