Altai State Medical University, Russia
University at a Glance
Location: Barnaul, Russia
Duration of Course: 6 Years
Average Tuition Fee: Rs. 22 lakh for 6 years
Total Number of Foreign Students: 8000
Total Number of Indian Students: 340
Highest Temperature: 30C
Lowest Temperature : -21C
Nearest Airport: Barnaul Airport
Indian Food in University Mess: Yes @ Rs. 83,000/- per year
Hostel Type: 3/4 bedded rooms
Living Cost: Rs. 6000 per month Excluding food.
MBBSDIRECT Recommendation: VERY HIGH
University History & Its Geographical Information
It was in 1975 that this institution added a pharmaceutical leg to it. This faculty has been growing ever since. Dental faculty was added in 1990 and further in 20002, the university dental clinic was established. Most advanced dental technologies have been developed since then.Established by the Russian Federation, this university has over 60 departments and seven faculties and is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. It is a state-financed organization built in accordance with the applicable Laws of the Russian Federation. The first lot of doctors graduated in 1960 from Altai State Medical University.Altai State Medical University is a state university in Barnaul, Russia which was founded in 1954. Barnaul happens to be the administrative centre of Altai Krai situated along the Ob River in the West Siberian Plain. The Centre of Continuing Education was opened in 1993 with own system of certification of medical specialists.
Being one of the top medical universities in Russian federation, Altai University offers quality education, great atmosphere to develop your interpersonal skills and an overall great learning environment. It is one of the major hubs for research, education and cultural exchange. International community in the university shares their social heritage with each other and hence adopts each other’s culture.
Altai State Medical University is located in Barnaul, the capital of Altai Krai. Altai Krai is a Russian state in the south east of Russia. It is 3000km away from Moscow, the capital of Russia. Altai region has extensive amount of natural resources as water, food, fertile land and green forest. It is a huge source of natural resources as well. It has more than 30 flora and fauna sanctuaries. Altai state is proudly known as high environmental rating, growing trade and economical activities, mechanical engineering and fast growing tourism industry.
A modern University is a center of talented students and academic staff, an effective system for applicants’ acquisition and pre-university training, academic mobility, partnerships, state and own resources, and a management team, which keeps up the traditions and understands necessity of well-timed changes.
This university provides a great opportunity for the students to do innovative research for the better future. Altai University has more than 35 research laboratories where students can do innovative experiments and research.
Altai State Medical University Fee Structure for MBBS Admissions 2019
|Medium of Study||English Medium|
|Total Fees 1st Year (Payable at University)||Rs. 4,70,000/-|
|Total Fees 2nd-6th Years (Payable at University)||Rs. 3,36,000/ Yearly|
|Total Fees Expense for 6 years||Rs. 21.50 Lakh for 6 Years|
|Processing Fee for Admission Process||Rs. 1,53,400/- (Inclusive of 18% GST)|
|Admission Time||30 days|
|Classes Starts||October 1st, 2019|
|Application Deadline||15 August 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||NEET Qualification, 50% in PCB in Class 12th|
- What are the eligibility criteria for the admission in an undergraduate medical course?
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with physics, chemistry Biology and English from an recognized educational establishment with min marks of 50% in physics, Chemistry & Biology in aggregate (GEN) and 40% for (SC/ST).
- Is the screening test under MCI must after completion of course abroad?
- Yes. As per the “Screening Test Regulations-200 of MCI, dated 13-02-2002,”An Indian citizen possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical council of India or any State Medical Council on or after 15.03.2002 shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority for that purpose as per the provisions of section 13 of the Act.
- Degrees from which Medical Institutions abroad are recognized by MCI?
- As per MCI Press Note date March 15, 2002 – “If citizen of India go to abroad to study the medicine courses, he must study in a institute which is recognized by WHO and UNESCO. The degree from those medical colleges will be valid in India after passing the MCI screening test if student wish to return India and want to practice in India.
- What is the medium of study in the university?
- Medium of study for international students will be English for the entire 6 year course.
- Is it necessary to Learn Russian Language?
- Your medium of study will be English but you will live there so to communicate with the local people learning Russian language is good. Many students start speaking Russian after 6-7 months when they live in Russia.
- How are the fees to be paid & can the fee be subject to any change during the course of studies?
- Fee is to be transferred to the university account directly.
- Are the students provided with the hostel accommodation? What are the other facilities provided?
- Foreign students are accommodated in the foreign students’ hostel, with a separate floor for girl students. Hostels are equipped with the bath, toilets and kitchen with running hot and cold water and other necessary facilities. Hostels are centrally heated in winter.
- What is the duration of medical course & what is the degree awarded?
- Russia has already transformed its education system to international standard. Degree awarded is Bachelors degree in Medicine – MD (equivalent to MBBS 6 Years).
- What is the average amount needed for the monthly living expenses?
- The amount needed for living expenses is always varying from individual to individual, however the average living cost can be calculated @ $80/month.
- Is it possible to open a bank account in Russia?
- Yes. Students can open a bank account in a local bank after the admission in the university.
- What are the facilities available for the student in case he falls sick?
- Medical checkup of the student is a formal and compulsory routine before the start of every academic year. A doctor is always available in the health care point of the hostel for free consultation. In case of emergency doctor with the ambulance can be called free of cost, anytime.
- How much expenses a student has to bear for book and other reading material/year?
- Academic books are provided to the students, free of cost. Additionally they can issue study material from the library that is also free of cost. Students can also use internet for the study purpose. Internet facility in the hostel is also free of cost.
- Can the student’s parents/guardians visit their children?
- Yes. Student can get the necessary documents to support the visa process for their parents. Parents are always welcome to visit university.
How many students are studying and which country do they belong?
More than 3000 students complete their graduation each year from Altai State Medical University. It is one of the biggest universities in Asia in terms of total number of students (Approximate 13,000). Altai State Medical University is a part of some of the major influential organizations of the world e.g., Shanghai Co-operation Organization (SCO), Eurasian Universities Association (EUA), Asian Universities Association (AUA), International Association of Continuing Education (IACE), Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN) and many more.
For sixty years the Altai State Medical University has been a supply of qualified specialist engine for regional healthcare system. 25 thousand doctors and pharmaceutics have graduated from the Altai State Medical University. 90% of doctors and pharmaceutists in the Altai region are the ASMU alumni.
Two corresponding members of the Russian Academy of Sciences, more than 130 doctors of science and 350 PhD train qualified doctors not only for ambulant stations but also for specialized medical centers and Federal Centers for High-Technology Medical Care.
In Altai State Medical University, there are about 4000 students, 1000 internship doctors, 300 residents and 100 postgraduate students in six faculties (general medicine, pediatrics, pharmacy, stomatology, public health, higher nursing education). In the doctors improvement faculty the university trains and retrains actively healthcare personnel of the Altai region and neighboring regions, countries near and far abroad.
Faculties of the University
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Hospital Surgery Department
- Department of Hospital and Outpatient Therapy
- Department of Clinical Pharmacology
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Normal Human Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Oncology
- Department of Pathology with the sectional course
- Department of Internal Medicine Propaedeutics
- Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics
- Department of Urology and Nephrology
- Department of Therapy
Life at Altai State Medical University
Students at this university are given the freedom to explore their area of interests. They are offered a wide variety of interests for them to join. They can attend the activities and realize their creative potential. These extra-curricular fields in the University are coordinated by the Department of the Educational and Extracurricular Activities.
Altai State Medical University’s students are allowed the space to realise their potential. They can offer themselves as monitors of students groups, organizers of sports or cultural events. Apart from this, candidates can initiate sports activities, cultural events and combined group activities, and not just the holidays celebrations.
This way, the Department of Educational and Extracurricular activities gives students the platform to convey ideas, be a part of interest groups or mingle with students of other nationalities to have a leisure time. It is yet another medium to bring out hidden talents of students.
There is a students’ club too where students may volunteer to display their creative potential and skills, and also get updated about upcoming concerts, competitions and festivals happening at the university.