The Northern State Medical University of Federal Agency for Health and Social Development (ASMA) is one of the oldest medical institutions in the Russian Federation with experience of successfully training more than 23,000 physicians till date. The research work at the Northern State Medical University of Federal Agency for Health and Social Development puts effort to focus on the problems of mother-and-child health, oncology, gastroenterology, infectious pathology, medical ecology as well as morph functional organization of the living system in normal, pathological and individual development. In 1995, the Astrakhan State Medical Institute has renamed the Astrakhan State Medical Academy.
University Quick View
|Address:||Ulitsa Bakinskaya, 121, Astrakhan, Astrakhanskaya oblast’, Russia, 414024|
|Number of Students:||20,000|
|Recognized by:||Ministry of Health, Republic of Buryatia, WHO, MCI|
|Academic Year Begins:||1st September|
|The language of Instruction:||English|
|University Campus:||23 secondary education schools|
|Number of Departments:||60|
|Food:||University mess available|
|Climate:||Average Temperature in Astrakhan is +10 °C and Average Rainfall is 217 mm|
|Nearest airport:||Narimanovo Airport in Astrakhan, southern Russia|
Eligibility to study MBBS in Russia at Northern State Medical University
In Russia, MBBS is popularly known as General Medicine. Therefore, students seeking to study General Medicine at Northern State Medical University must qualify for admission. The qualifications for studying General Medicine in this Institution include:
1) The student must appear in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) Medical assessment.
2) The aspirant must score up to 50% in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
3) Applicant must be up to 17 years old as of December 31 of that academic year.
4) The student must submit a medical certificate and health insurance documents.
5) The student must have no criminal report.
Request a Call Back
Reasons to Join Northern State Medical University
- 24/7/365 accessibility of Internet network
- Binding books and photocopy amenities
- Sports arena and playground
- Comfy library amenities
- Transportation and Medical Amenities
- 100% Tight Security
- Canteen provisions
- Advanced labs
- Affiliated medical centers
- Recreational area
- Globally accepted
- International affairs with different countries
Cost of Education at Northern State Medical University
Northern State Medical University is coeducation university. The university is approved by the World Health Organization, Medical Council of India, and ECFMG USA. The university actively takes part in international relations in the work of the medico ecological programs. It is also engaged in international student exchange programs. The students of NSMU are eligible for MCI, PLAB (UK), and USMLE (USA) after completing their courses. The university holds a world ranking of 3300 and is ranked at 148 in the country.
The 9 faculties of Northern State Medical University of Federal Agency for Health and Social Development includes
- Faculty of Medico prophylactic
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Foreign Students
- Faculty of Management and Graduate Nursing Training
- Faculty of Physician Training on Compensatory Basis
- Faculty of Post-diploma Training and Doctors Advanced Training
- Faculty of Pharmaceutics
- Faculty of Pre-University Training
- Faculty of Extracurricular Education
Northern State Medical University of Federal Agency for Health and Social Development efficiently trains students from all over the world by highly skilled specialists including experienced professors and scientists along with hundreds of doctors.
International Students’ Education:
International students are being trained at Northern State Medical University of Federal Agency for Health and Social Development since 1992. The academy is proud to have trained 216 specialists from 26 near abroad and far abroad countries. After pursuing graduation from the Northern State Medical University of Federal Agency for Health and Social Development, international students can expect opportunities to continue training as interns, or take clinical studies, or pursue the post-graduate course.
- Sports and Health Recreation camp
- Sports clubs
- Student’s theatre
- Books and Internet connections
Accommodation and Campus Activities:
Northern State Medical University of Federal Agency for Health and Social Development consists of comfortable hostel along with several campus activities:
- Sports, leisure, and health insurance- Students are obliged to acquire the policy of voluntary medical insurance and may actively go in for sports sections.
- Extra services offered- Teaching foreign languages (preparatory department – the Russian language)
The university has 3 hostels within the territory of the university. Each hostel has a separate kitchen on each floor for the students to cook their favorite food. The hostel has different cuisines that provide food from different countries like Arabian, Chinese, Malaysian, and Indian. Hostel rooms are shared by 3 to 5 students according to the size. All the basic facilities like a table, chair, bed, mattress, pillow, blanket, towel, brush, wardrobe, TV, WIFI, the attached washroom is available in the rooms. Indian restaurants are also available near the hostel.